  • Kathy Haverinen
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 12, 2012
    • Kathy Haverinen
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 12, 2012
        My yahoo account was hacked!  I have changed it and fixed it.  If you own a list, please don't remove me...

        Katheryn de Gonneville
        Kathy

        ________________________________
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 12, 2012
          FWIW, it seems to be mostly yahoo, hotmail and AOL email accounts that get
          hacked. This doesn't seem to happen so much with gmail. You might consider
          changing to gmail if you have one of the above. Or adding a gmail account
          for some purposes only to limit the damage.

          I have 2 gmail accounts, one for lists and personal stuff, one for banking
          and online purchases.

          The other thing that everyone should have is a firewall (in addition to an
          antivirus. I've been using AVG for some years now and it's worked very well
          for me. I'm now using the paid version, but the free version works just as
          well -- it has fewer bells and whistles, but is otherwise as good.

          This has been a general Mod comment, not aimed at Kathy in particular,

          Hugh
          Wearing his shiny! mod hat,

          On 12 November 2012 14:47, Kathy Haverinen <katheryn98501@...> wrote:

          > My yahoo account was hacked! I have changed it and fixed it. If you own
          > a list, please don't remove me...
          >
          > Katheryn de Gonneville
          > Kathy
          >

          > ________________________________
          > From: Kathy Haverinen <katheryn98501@...>
          > To: rlindber@...; teknoviking@...;
          > tradarcher@...; AnTirApprentice@yahoogroups.com;
          > antircostumers@yahoogroups.com; antireandeguild@yahoogroups.com;
          > purplekricet@...; The_Coolest_Apprenti@yahoogroups.com;
          > celedraug@...; ulftonn@...; elspethn@...;
          > j_a_james@...; aleksii@...;
          > aands50challengecommunity@yahoogroups.com; zsmith@...
          > Sent: Monday, November 12, 2012 11:30 AM
          > Subject: [AnTirApprentice]
          >

          > http://weatherlight.hosting.paran.com/www.foxnews.reports.facebook1.php

          They told me to "get a life". So I got one. Now I have no time to do
          anything!

          Fiber arts blog: http://hughtauerner.blogspot.com/
          Personal stuff is at Dreamwidth: http://hugh-mannity.dreamwidth.org/

        • Randy Weiser
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 12, 2012
            I just got hacked as well.  GODS! I hate that when it happens!!!
            I took steps to change my password, so it SHOULDN'T happen again...at least I hope not!

            Lord Andrew

             "Harvest home, harvest home!
            We've plowed, we've sowed
            We've reaped, we've mowed
            And brought safe home
            Every load."
            - Harvest Home Song

            On 12 November 2012 14:47, Kathy Haverinen <mailto:katheryn98501%40yahoo.com> wrote:

            > My yahoo account was hacked! I have changed it and fixed it. If you own
            > a list, please don't remove me...
            >
            > Katheryn de Gonneville
            > Kathy
            >

            > ________________________________
            > From: Kathy Haverinen <mailto:katheryn98501%40yahoo.com>
            > To: mailto:rlindber%40kendaco.telebyte.com; mailto:teknoviking%40gmail.com;
            > mailto:tradarcher%40seanet.com; mailto:AnTirApprentice%40yahoogroups.com;
            > mailto:antircostumers%40yahoogroups.com; mailto:antireandeguild%40yahoogroups.com;
            > mailto:purplekricet%40hotmail.com; mailto:The_Coolest_Apprenti%40yahoogroups.com;

          • Mike Wilson
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 12, 2012
              About a month ago, I got notice from gmail that an attempt had been made from China to log in on my gmail account ... I still changed the password.
              Choose a strong password with letters, numbers and usable keys!

              Archer

              To: AandS50ChallengeCommunity@yahoogroups.com
              From: jh.grace@...
              Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 16:41:19 -0500