OT: helping others

  • katherine kerr
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 5, 2012
      > Ursula
      > How much did you spend on SCA stuff last month? Event and feast fees,
      > fabric, travel, new gear or repairs to old gear? I'm challenging you
      > to send that much to the Red Cross to help the people in trouble after
      > Sandy.

      Or use your SCA links to help in those areas where the Red Cross or other organisations
      aren't able to work. Those trust relationships we have through our participation in the SCA
      can go a long way to filling small, but the important, gaps.

      We didn't see anything of the Red Cross, Civil Defense or any other aid agency after the big
      earthquakes here, but we were personally able to organise/accept donations from across
      Lochac, get the funds to some mobile SCAdians who still had functioning supermarkets, and
      get bootloads of essential supplies delivered to informal volunteer-based groupings in the
      hardest-hit suburbs -- this included one lady willing to stock up in her town and drive an hour
      up here to drop off goods.

      It's really good for the soul to be involved in something like that -- and it really stuns the folk
      to hear it's a living history group behind the initiative!

      from katherine, who has been scheduled a proper scoping of house damage this week, 20
      months after the main earthquake occurred....

      katherine kerr of the Hermitage, in the Crescent Isles,
      Barony of Southron Gaard, Kingdom of Lochac
      mka Vicki Hyde, Webwright, wordsmith
      printing, maps, children: http://webcentre.co.nz/kk
      Barony of Southron Gaard: http://sg.lochac.sca.org