Re: [AandS50ChallengeCommunity] Re: travel info

  • Ted Eisenstein
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 5, 2012
      > Laid back as in the war games are more fun than serious. The fighting
      >isn't between kingdoms- its between factions in kingdom that are set up
      >for fun (one of the "feuds" last year was David vs. Goliath, with a tall
      >knight leading the other tall fighters and a short knight leading the
      >other short fighters. Those visiting from other kingdoms pick their
      >side. No Klingons or elves here!

      There've been other themes: Laurels vs Pelicans, baronies vs shires,
      I _think_ there might have been one that pitted Their Majesties against
      Their Highnesses (probably over something like who could control the
      tolls on the Missouri River), the old geezers vs the young bucks....

      It's never been kingdom vs kingdom, as noted. It's never been household
      vs household, since while we have households here they've never had any
      real political pull as has happened in other kingdoms (it's never "which
      household do you belong to?" but more "so, who's your peer?").

      Informal as in it's more of a week-long get-together of a bunch of
      friends who happen to do medieval history than it is a formalized
      event (like, oh, Coronation or Crown Tourney) which has certain
      things that have to happen by people who have to show up to do them.
      You show up, you have fun, you take classes, you shop, you do a massive
      amount of relaxing, you swim, you fight, you sing....

      Alban