Re: [AandS50ChallengeCommunity] Re: Hello

  • Anne Barnett
    Message 1 of 29 , May 8 11:59 AM
      Minnehaha Park as in Vancouver Washington?

      Always,
                    Anne

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 29 , May 8 12:22 PM
        Sorry, no. In an earlier post in the thread I had referenced to
        Wealdsmere which is in Spokane WA. I know, a bit of a drive for some
        folks. But I can offer crash space for anyone who wants to come play.
        Avacyn

        Message 3 of 29 , May 8 12:45 PM
          So there are at least two Calontiri doing the challenge, myself and Deirdre. Any other Calontiri out there?
          -Aritê

        • Deb
          Message 4 of 29 , May 8 3:35 PM
            Me!  I haven't introduced myself yet, but I'm Antonia Stefani from the northern reaches of the kingdom; the shire of Heraldshill.  I was recently inspired by a friend who has done incredible research on her persona and garb, and had decided to do much more in depth research of my own.  So far I've mostly focused on my clothing, but now I plan to learn and do 50 things that my persona would have done/learned/or owned in my time period; which is 1560's Venice, Italy.

            ________________________________
            So there are at least two Calontiri doing the challenge, myself and Deirdre. Any other Calontiri out there?
            -Aritê

          • Ted Eisenstein
            Message 5 of 29 , May 8 5:51 PM
              > So there are at least two Calontiri doing the challenge, myself
              >and Deirdre. Any other Calontiri out there?

              Yup.

              Alban
            • S Prowett
              Message 6 of 29 , May 10 9:09 AM
                Another An Tirian here! Sannan the OneEyed from Central An Tir!

                My two personal 50 for 50 year challenges relate to my current A&S
                passions, lampworking and scribal. In lampworking I'm doing 50 different
                PERIOD documentable forms of bead and am creating 6 each as perfectly as I
                can. 5 of each type are gifted as largess to Crown representatives and one
                I keep to add to a project necklace to show the project progress.

                My second project is to do scribal research on the symbology and meaning of
                different elements in illumination. 50 items into my research database. I
                have the database designed and am testing with the first few entries to
                make sure I am collecting the information I find most useful.

                In our group, I am our A&S deputy in charge of Largess and we have taken on
                the 50 for 50 challenge to inspire individual group members to expand their
                skills as they learn new crafts and arts. As I take in largess given to me
                by individuals, I compare it to past largess, or the skill level that I
                know that person has with that craft and determine if they are stretching
                it or not. If they are, the piece qualifies for the project and counts
                toward our 50 for 50 year. We have committed to contribute 50 pieces by 50
                year to the An Tirian Crown for Largess. As a second project we determined
                to do the same for our sponsoring group. :)

                YIS, Sannan the OneEyed of Hauksgar�r, GdS, JdL

                --
                Yes, *sigh* I have a blog.... it's another one of THOSE people, lol, ...
                http://puzzledgoddess.blogspot.com/

              • Susan
                Message 7 of 29 , May 15 12:49 PM
                  Late to the party, but I still have a comment to make. I saw the below in a recent post:

                  In our group, I am our A&S deputy in charge of Largess and we have taken on
                  the 50 for 50 challenge to inspire individual group members to expand their
                  skills as they learn new crafts and arts. As I take in largess given to me
                  by individuals, I compare it to past largess, or the skill level that I
                  know that person has with that craft and determine if they are stretching
                  it or not. If they are, the piece qualifies for the project and counts
                  toward our 50 for 50 year. We have committed to contribute 50 pieces by 50
                  year to the An Tirian Crown for Largess.

                  If everyone in your group agrees to this, then go for it, but it is one of the tenets of the Challenge as a whole that **the individual doing the work decides if it pushes them or not, not some outside source**, even the person coordinating their group. The project sounds wonderful, but only the artisan themselves knows if their work pushed them; no outside person can know all that went into a project, or on behind the scenes while the artist was working on it.

                  If this has already been brought up later in the thread, I apologize, but I felt this needed to be addressed.