PALIO DI STONEMARCHE- A&S GRAND EXHIBITION - June 16, 2012

  • Anne of the Fuzzy Hat
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2012
      Greetings from Anne of the Fuzzy Hat!

      Once again this year I am the hostess for the A&S Grand Exhibition at the Palio di Stonemarche. I would like to take just a moment of your time to promote this portion of the event and invite you to share this as you see fit.
      In Service to the Dream,
      Anne of the Fuzzy Hat

      We invite ALL artisans to display their A&S projects forour Grande Exhibition this year. Toencourage EVERYONE to participate, we will accept ALL TYPES of A&Sprojects. Food items will need to have a full ingredient list posted with thedisplay, but for all other items documentation is optional. We also welcome musicians and bards toparticipate by scheduling your performances with the Exhibition Steward**.

      This is a wonderful opportunity for beginners or laurels- the format is designed to be very open, diverse, and non-demanding. It is all about showing off the huge variety of A&S projects that we do in the SCA. Since this is NOT a formal A&S "competition", documentation is OPTIONAL, we will accept completed projects as well as those "in progress". Youth entries and A&S 50 projects are also welcomed. Exhibitor displays will be categorized by CONTRADA and points will count toward the Palio competions. The populous will be encouraged to choose their favorite projects to determine the winning Contrada. (You may also leave personal tokens with displays you enjoy.)

      Questions can be directed to the Exhibition Steward - Anne of the Fuzzy Hat- at (207) 549-4889 or cell (207) 312-3008 (sorry no emails).

      **Live perfomances will be scheduled between 10am-1:30pm at various locations (between the Palio Contests)

      Event Information
      Palio di Stonemarche / King's and Queen's Equestrian Champions' Tourney

      Event date: June 15th, 2012 - June 17th, 2012

      Hosted by Barony of Stonemarche - Contoocook, NH
      EK Event Details: http://www.eastkingdom.org/EventDetails.html?eid=2254

      Palio di Stonemarche website: http://www.barony-of-stonemarche.org/Palio/palio.html

      Exhibition Schedule
      9am Sign In &Set Up*
      *OnlyPerformance Artists need to Pre-Reg
      10am – 2pm Viewing& Voting
      Thepopulous will be provided with beans for voting.They are invited to vote for the projects theyappreciate the most. They may also leave personaltokens if they desire to do so.
      2pm – 3pm BreakDown

      Contrada points &prizes will be awarded during Baronial Court.

      Previous entries have included:

      Embroidery
      Garb
      Illuminations
      Bardic Books
      Harp Performances
      Weaponry- Bombast, Arrows, etc.
      Desert Subtleties, Foods, & Spice displays
      Toys
      Naal Binding & Knitting
      Wood Working & Furniture
      Jewelry
      Glass Work
      Silk Painting
      Lace
      Spinning & Weaving
      Youth Entries
      A&S 50 Projects

      Please join us for aspectacular show!

    • Chiara
      Message 2 of 2 , May 2, 2012
        Sweet! A Palio on my birthday!

        When I went to school in Italy we lived in Siena and stayed for both Palio's. Man what a season! :)

        Post pictures!

        Chiara Francesca
        “This gown needs more purfurling!”