Re: [AandS50ChallengeCommunity] Re: Calligraphy done!

  • Andrea AskenDunn
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 29, 2012
      >What I found most helpful was a suggestion that I use one hand to write
      with and my other hand to hold a knife to hold next to the letter I was
      drawing. Instead of a knife, I held the eraser end of a pencil on my paper.<

      I agree with Albreda.
      And the above comment reminded me that I was just noticing that every
      period portrait of a writer I've ever seen, shows him or her (I was just
      looking at Christine de Pisan yesterday) leaning his-or-her scraping pen on
      the parchment (with two fingers over the top of it), just as you describe!
      I always thought, "Wow, I didn't know they needed to correct so much!" but
      now I understand why! Thanks!

      Asther de Perpinya