File space

  • Susan
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 2, 2011
      Wow. I knew we'd run out of space on our yahoo site eventually, but I didn't expect it to be this soon.

      Anyone know how yahoo handles situations like this? I've no idea, and could obviously find out, but if someone already knows, that would be even easier.

      We also have our (much in need of updating) website that we could use, although it would lack the of anyone being able to upload their own stuff, which I quite like about yahoo.

      I'm open to suggestions, expertise, and just plain old fashioned discussion.

      Thanks -

    • lilinah@earthlink.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 2, 2011
        Re: [AandS50ChallengeCommunity] File space

        Albreda wrote
        > Wow. I knew we'd run out of space on our yahoo site eventually, but I
        > didn't expect it to be this soon.
        >
        > Anyone know how yahoo handles situations like this?

        Well, once it hits 100%, people just won't be able to load stuff into the Files section.

        > We also have our (much in need of updating) website that we could use,
        > although it would lack the of anyone being able to upload their own
        > stuff, which I quite like about yahoo.
        >
        > I'm open to suggestions, expertise, and just plain old fashioned discussion.

        I would suggest moving old files that are not specific to the project itself or the Yahoo! list itself; that is, keep administrative stuff: rules, description of just what the A&S 50 Challenge is, Kingdom Coordinator stuff, etc. Put all the various personal docs. on the website.

        Just a suggestion...

        --
        Urtatim [that's err-tah-TEEM]
        the persona formerly known as Anahita
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 2, 2011
           We did fill up the file section fast.  But, then again that would be because there is only 100 mb of space allotted to the file section.  The photo section has 100 gb of space allotted to that and we haven't used 1% of it yet.  I've noticed several folders in the file section that have numerous photos in them.  Perhaps those could be moved to the photo section to clear space.  Might also try converting some of the Word documents to PDF, sometimes that will make the document 'smaller' in file size.  If you need help shuffling things over or converting I can help.

          I hadn't added any files or photos yet.  I'm still trying to beat a blog into submission to keep track of my AS 50 projects.  It's at http://sheeptosomething.wordpress.com/ if anyone wants to have a look.  Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

          YIS
          Cerridwen (Sahar)