RE: [AandS50ChallengeCommunity] Re: double fifty

  • Mike Wilson
    Message 1 of 28 , Feb 3, 2011
      Elewyiss,

      Honestly, I'd love to get in touch with Mistress Kiri and talk Japanese kites!
      Perhaps we each have info the other doesn't have.
      If you have a contact to her, please pass on my email: kitearcher AT hotmail.com
      Thank you!

      Archer

      > To: AandS50ChallengeCommunity@yahoogroups.com
      > From: elewyiss@...
      > Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 15:37:11 -0500
      > Subject: Re: [AandS50ChallengeCommunity] Re: double fifty
      >
      > Why yes, and I"m originally from Dun Carriag. If you want to know about
      > Japanese kites I would speak to Mistress Kiri.
      >
      > Elewyiss

    • Elewyiss the Jew
      Message 2 of 28 , Feb 3, 2011
        Um, I'm not one of her fav people but my friend is. I will have Avisa, drop
        her your email. Is that ok?

        Elewyiss

        On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 6:08 PM, Mike Wilson <kitearcher@...> wrote:

        > Elewyiss,
        >
        > Honestly, I'd love to get in touch with Mistress Kiri and talk Japanese
        > kites!
        > Perhaps we each have info the other doesn't have.
        > If you have a contact to her, please pass on my email: kitearcher AT
        > hotmail.com
        > Thank you!
        >
        > Archer
        >
        > > To: AandS50ChallengeCommunity@yahoogroups.com<AandS50ChallengeCommunity%40yahoogroups.com>
        > > From: elewyiss@... <elewyiss%40gmail.com>
        > > Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 15:37:11 -0500
        > > Subject: Re: [AandS50ChallengeCommunity] Re: double fifty
        >

        > > Why yes, and I"m originally from Dun Carriag. If you want to know about
        > > Japanese kites I would speak to Mistress Kiri.
        > >
        > > Elewyiss

        Ro'ah Chatulim

        Message 3 of 28 , Feb 3, 2011
          She's the Editor of CA now.
          CAEditor@...

          Kiri (Or, as CA Editor, Elaine)

          Johnnae

          On Feb 3, 2011, at 6:08 PM, Mike Wilson wrote:

          > Elewyiss,
          >
          > Honestly, I'd love to get in touch with Mistress Kiri and talk
          > Japanese kites!
          > Perhaps we each have info the other doesn't have.
          > If you have a contact to her, please pass on my email: kitearcher AT
          > hotmail.com
          > Thank you!
          >
          > Archer

        • Elewyiss the Jew
          Message 4 of 28 , Feb 3, 2011
            Really? I did not know that. She should be very good at that.

            E.

            On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 6:59 PM, Johnna Holloway <johnnae@...> wrote:

            > She's the Editor of CA now.
            > CAEditor@... <CAEditor%40sca.org>
            >
            > Kiri (Or, as CA Editor, Elaine)
            >
            > Johnnae
            >
            > On Feb 3, 2011, at 6:08 PM, Mike Wilson wrote:
            >

            > > Elewyiss,
            > >
            > > Honestly, I'd love to get in touch with Mistress Kiri and talk
            > > Japanese kites!
            > > Perhaps we each have info the other doesn't have.
            > > If you have a contact to her, please pass on my email: kitearcher AT
            > > hotmail.com
            > > Thank you!
            > >
            > > Archer

            Ro'ah Chatulim

          • Diane
            Message 5 of 28 , Feb 3, 2011
              I would love to get the pdf as well. I was interested in kites in the SCA many years ago and would enjoy trying again, especially with our local children. I particularly loved your stork, hawk and dragon kites. I have similar hawk and dragon kites that I purchased in China about 13 years ago. I never thought much about whether they were documentable to the SCA period. The stork is just plain cool!

              Siglinde

              --- In AandS50ChallengeCommunity@yahoogroups.com, Mike Wilson <kitearcher@...> wrote:

              > Elewyiss,
              > My wife and I are planning to be at Gulf Wars. I am not officially scheduled to teach but I am not opposed to doing something. I think kites ought to be siege weapons in the battles - dropping "fire" (water balloons) on fighters of the opposite side (my giddy moment!).
              > I've made kites of all size, from the miniatures you've seen, and up to 45-feet long! (the centipede on my flickr page)
              >
              > I know there's been events around the Known World that included kites - I've found old event fliers in Outlands, An Tir and even my kingdom (a class taught by Mistress Anyetta OL of Grey Niche. It was a Japanese-themed event and she taught one on Japanese kites. Last summer she told me it was a one-time thing for her but who knows!).
              >
              > Given time I can convert class materials I have to pdfs, and I'll gladly share them - with anyone. I taught several years in Calontir and several times now in Gleann Abhann in the past year. Also, I have an (older) bibliography on Stefan's Florilegium that I intend to update. Though I stopped playing for several years, I kept researching. http://www.florilegium.org/files/UNCAT/Medievl-Kites-bib.html
            • Mike Wilson
              Message 6 of 28 , Feb 3, 2011
                Elewyiss, Johnnae,
                Thank you both, I can contact her by those means.

                Archer

                To: AandS50ChallengeCommunity@yahoogroups.com
                From: johnnae@...
                Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 18:59:02 -0500
                Subject: Re: [AandS50ChallengeCommunity] Re: double fifty

                She's the Editor of CA now.

                CAEditor@...

                Kiri (Or, as CA Editor, Elaine)

                Johnnae

                On Feb 3, 2011, at 6:08 PM, Mike Wilson wrote:

                > Elewyiss,

                > Honestly, I'd love to get in touch with Mistress Kiri and talk

                > Japanese kites!

                > Perhaps we each have info the other doesn't have.

                > If you have a contact to her, please pass on my email: kitearcher AT

                > hotmail.com

                > Thank you!

                > Archer

              • Mike Wilson
                Message 7 of 28 , Feb 3, 2011
                  Siglinde, and others intrigued,
                  Some are converted Quark Express (desktop publishing) files and may be too large to simply email them.
                  I don't have an FTP website but I can see about burning DVDs of the pdfs and many other things (including some period and near-period sources) and snail mailing them. I will also be attending Gulf Wars for any who would wnat to get them that way.
                  Let me know peoples' thoughts.

                  Archer

                  To: AandS50ChallengeCommunity@yahoogroups.com
                  From: harper.diane@...
                  Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 00:30:36 +0000
                  Subject: [AandS50ChallengeCommunity] Re: double fifty

                  Message 8 of 28 , Feb 3, 2011
                    If you would not mind burning one for me and I'll pick it up at GW. I can
                    bring you a blank DVD as replacement if you like.

                    Elewyiss

                    Message 9 of 28 , Feb 3, 2011
                      Sure, I'll start early - burn often! ;)

                      To: AandS50ChallengeCommunity@yahoogroups.com
                      From: elewyiss@...
                      Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 20:57:49 -0500

                      If you would not mind burning one for me and I'll pick it up at GW. I can

                      bring you a blank DVD as replacement if you like.

                      Elewyiss

                      On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 8:47 PM, Mike Wilson <kitearcher@...> wrote:

                      > Siglinde, and others intrigued,

                      > Some are converted Quark Express (desktop publishing) files and may be too

                      > large to simply email them.

                      > I don't have an FTP website but I can see about burning DVDs of the pdfs

                      > and many other things (including some period and near-period sources) and

                      > snail mailing them. I will also be attending Gulf Wars for any who would

                      > wnat to get them that way.

                      > Let me know peoples' thoughts.

                      > Archer

                      > To: AandS50ChallengeCommunity@yahoogroups.com

                      > From: harper.diane@...

                      > Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 00:30:36 +0000

                      > Subject: [AandS50ChallengeCommunity] Re: double fifty

                      > I would love to get the pdf as well. I was interested in kites in the

                      > SCA many years ago and would enjoy trying again, especially with our local

                      > children. I particularly loved your stork, hawk and dragon kites. I have

                      > similar hawk and dragon kites that I purchased in China about 13 years ago.

                      > I never thought much about whether they were documentable to the SCA period.

                      > The stork is just plain cool!

                      > Siglinde

                      > > Given time I can convert class materials I have to pdfs, and I'll gladly

                      > share them - with anyone. I taught several years in Calontir and several

                      > times now in Gleann Abhann in the past year. Also, I have an (older)

                      > bibliography on Stefan's Florilegium that I intend to update. Though I

                      > stopped playing for several years, I kept researching.

                      > http://www.florilegium.org/files/UNCAT/Medievl-Kites-bib.html

                      Ro'ah Chatulim

                    • Jacintha of Highland Foorde
                      Message 10 of 28 , Feb 4, 2011
                        If you could burn me one, I will gladly reimburse you for expense of DVD and
                        shipping.

                        --
                        Lady Jacintha of Highland Foorde
                        Chancellor Minor - Barony of Highland Foorde

                        * Nam in dando recipimus *
                        * For it is in giving that we receive *
                        * Francis of Assisi 1185-1226 *