Re: [AandS50ChallengeCommunity] Trying to identify an illumination

  • Sayyeda al-Kaslaania
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 30, 2010
      The one on the left is in the style of 18th C Russian icons.

      Sayyeda al-Kaslaania

      On 12/30/2010 7:30 PM, Miretar@... wrote:
      > Hi,
      > I came across a photo of 2 Christmas cards with medieval images. Can anyone
      > identify the illumination of the 2 queens? I'm fairly sure it depicts the
      > visitation, but I can't figure out which manuscript it's from.
      >
      > _http://www.flickr.com/photos/racaire/5297956220/_
      > (http://www.flickr.com/photos/racaire/5297956220/)
      >
      > Sophia
    • Jacintha of Highland Foorde
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 30, 2010
        http://www.diane-calvert.com/biography.html

        that's the name under the pictures. Looks like she does her own original
        works, not manuscript copies.

        And Racaire is in Drachenwald, I think.
        Jacintha

        On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 8:30 PM, <Miretar@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        > I came across a photo of 2 Christmas cards with medieval images. Can anyone
        >
        > identify the illumination of the 2 queens? I'm fairly sure it depicts the
        > visitation, but I can't figure out which manuscript it's from.
        >
        > _http://www.flickr.com/photos/racaire/5297956220/_
        > (http://www.flickr.com/photos/racaire/5297956220/)
        >
        > Sophia

        Lady Jacintha of Highland Foorde
        Chancellor Minor - Barony of Highland Foorde
        jacintha74@...

        * Nam in dando recipimus *
        * For it is in giving that we receive *
        * Francis of Assisi 1185-1226 *

      • Andrea AskenDunn
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 2, 2011
          Yes, she is an amazing needleworker:
          http://www.racaire.at/cms/home.html
          http://embroidery.racaire.at/

          Asther de Perpinya

          On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 8:52 PM, Jacintha of Highland Foorde <
          jacintha74@...> wrote:

          > And Racaire is in Drachenwald, I think.
          > Jacintha

        • Elewyiss the Jew
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 2, 2011
            She's also an excellent teacher.

            Elewyiss

            On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 4:18 PM, Andrea AskenDunn <askendunn@...>wrote:

            > Yes, she is an amazing needleworker:
            > http://www.racaire.at/cms/home.html
            > http://embroidery.racaire.at/
            >
            > Asther de Perpinya
            >
            > On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 8:52 PM, Jacintha of Highland Foorde <
            > jacintha74@... <jacintha74%40gmail.com>> wrote:
            >

            > > And Racaire is in Drachenwald, I think.
            > > Jacintha

            Ro'ah Chatulim