Banco

  • Vicki Hyde
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2010
      If you'd like to see my latest silliness -- how to have fun with
      period banking and enhance your region's major camping event at the
      same time....

      http://webcentre.co.nz/kk/banco.htm

      It's mainly to help underwrite certain Canterbury Faire activities to
      make them more viable, but I've learned quite a bit about period
      financial transactions of one form or another.

      Not to mention found yet another outlet for my period printing
      passion (I found a book called Printed Ephemera while visiting a
      museum library, which has more possible directions for such....).

      Cheers,
      katherine

      =====================================
      katherine kerr of the Hermitage, in the Crescent Isles,
      Barony of Southron Gaard, Kingdom of Lochac
      mka Vicki Hyde, Webwright, wordsmith
      bardic arts, maps, children: http://webcentre.co.nz/kk
      Barony of Southron Gaard: http://sg.lochac.sca.org
    • McKenna
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 30, 2010
        Hi Katherine,

        Is that: Printed Ephemera: The Changing Uses of Type and Letterforms in
        English and American Printing, by John Noel Claude Lewis? I came across it
        in a used book store while looking for something else a coupla days ago. Is
        it worth an ILL or trip back? The pic on the cover looked all post period
        so I didn't even leaf through it (short on time). A quick check of amazon
        shows it going for $185 USD.

        regards,

        McKenna

        PS. I was talking with my Lady Wife Generica last night, and I mentioned an
        email exchange with a Katherine in Lochac, to which she responded "Oh! Was
        it Katherine Kerr of the Hermitage? Tell her I love her website!" You have
        a fan ;-)

        PPS. I'm stealing your Banco idea.