Re: [AandS50ChallengeCommunity] Greetings and Introduction

  • Elewyiss the Jew
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 13, 2010
      WEll I was hoping someone would be selling them there. All my minons are
      grown up now. And the new one is only 11 weeks old. Other than cuddles and
      smiles he's not up to much.

      On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 6:00 PM, Krista Stafsholt <k.harjamaki@...>wrote:

      > And if that's what would make the event enjoyable for you, go ahead! (As
      > long as it's legal).
      >
      > LOL
      > Aveline

      Ro'ah Chatulim

    • Dee Cadoret
      Message 2 of 14 , May 29, 2012
        I am Kaolin of Harrowgate Heath( also called Kaolin of Harrowsheath),
        Skraeling Althing, Ealdormere. I've been in the SCA since Jan 2011 and I
        only found out about the challenge yesterday, while trying to find
        resources for early period personae costuming.

        My interests in A&S is varied and covers many different aspects from
        woodworking to fibre arts. I am currently pursuing wood carving, wood
        working, garb making, tablet weaving, wire work, illumination, shield
        painting, and nalbinding.

        I have done some embroidery, some banner painting, some shoemaking, and
        some calligraphy in the last year and a half.

        I still want to learn blacksmithing, silver smithing, pewter casting,
        spinning, weaving, bow making, basket weaving, and just about anything
        else I can learn. I'm a bit of a weirdo / geek I guess.

        I am plan on joining the challenge, though I have as yet made up my mind
        on what exactly I am going to do. Due to the short time available I am
        considering the depth challenge and making 50 nalbound skull cap style
        hats in wool. To make it a bit more challenging I am going to use 10
        different stitches, 5 caps per stitch. Does this seem reasonable for the
        challenge? Any other thoughts?
      • Siggi
        Message 3 of 14 , May 29, 2012
          A: we are all weird and geeky. Welcome!

          B: you decide what you want to do. It doesn't matter if it seems 'reasonable' to us, as long as it sounds challenging and fun to you!

          Enjoy, and welcome!

        • Madame du Pont
          Message 4 of 14 , May 30, 2012
            Welcome Kaoling of Harrowgate,

            I, too, just recently found out about the 50 for the 50th challenge. I am going to make 50 standards (banners) and I am on number 4.

            The caps sound wonderful!!

            Adieu,
            Mme du Pont
            Stayner de silk