Session Leader Info

  • Albreda Aylese
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 3, 2007
      Hello again!

      I have received several requests for information on running A&S 50
      Sessions at events, so I've posted both the instructions and the Level
      Number System signage in the files section.

      FYI - ANYONE can run a Session! Just check with me that no one else
      has already spoken for your chosen event, then contact the autocrat
      about scheduling. My only requirement be that you be supportive and
      encouraging of ALL attendees and their projects, and that you be well
      versed in the rules and philosophy of the Challenge, and unafraid to
      say that you don't know something!

      So far we have Challengers in a dozen Kingdoms, and we continue to
      grow, with 7.5 years left to go!

      Yeah, US!!!
      Albreda
    • ladysiwan
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 4, 2007
        In the How To Run doc, it says "Print out the Contact Info form HERE".
        Where is HERE? (Your link disappeared!)

        I'm helping with a challenge at the Baronial level, in a kingdom other
        than yours. Why do you need my group's contact sheets?

        Above the actual group level, what function does the Contact sheet
        serve? (At the group level, it lets the coordinator stay in touch with
        the participants.)

        Susan Williams

        --- In AandS50ChallengeCommunity@yahoogroups.com, "Albreda Aylese" wrote:
        Hello again!

        I have received several requests for information on running A&S 50
        Sessions at events, so I've posted both the instructions and the Level
        Number System signage in the files section.
        <snip>
      • Albreda Aylese
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 4, 2007
          --- In AandS50ChallengeCommunity@yahoogroups.com, "ladysiwan"
          <williamssu@...> wrote:

          > In the How To Run doc, it says "Print out the Contact Info form HERE".
          > Where is HERE? (Your link disappeared!)

          Ah - I'm sick, and I forgot that the version of the directions that I
          posted was the one I meant for the website. I still need to post that
          file. Sorry for the confusion; I'll let you know when it is up.

          > I'm helping with a challenge at the Baronial level, in a kingdom other
          > than yours. Why do you need my group's contact sheets?

          > Above the actual group level, what function does the Contact sheet
          > serve? (At the group level, it lets the coordinator stay in touch with
          > the participants.)

          If folks don't *want* to give their contact info, they certainly don't
          have to, obviously, but that is how folks sign-up officially, and it
          allows for networking on a larger scale. Thanks to the internet (and
          travel habits) being in another Kingdom no longer means that we can't
          learn from and share with each other; when I (or others) find
          information that we think might be of interest to someone, I can send
          it to them if I know who they are, what they are working on, and how to
          reach them. I send out several such emails each week, and I feel that
          this networking is among the Challenges benefits.

          If you mean that you are organizing a Group Challenge for your Barony,
          and none of the other people involved want anything to do with the A&S
          50 Challenge or its mission, except for what they get from you, their
          point of contact with the Challenge, then no, I guess they wouldn't
          need to sign-up as individuals. It would be of benefit for YOU to sign
          up officially though, so we can give you support (and through you, your
          group), and it would be nice if you let folks in your Barony know what
          more there is to the Challenge in case they DO want to become involved
          as individuals.

          Getting folks to fill out the Contact Info also lets me get a handle on
          the size and scope of our community, so I can better plan for our
          future (exhibition spaces, need for kids' versions of documents, etc),
          and also so we can start to form Kingdom teams that could better meet
          thae inperson needs of Challengers Society-wide as we cross each
          landmark date on our way to AS 50.

          Please note that the Contact Info sheet only asks for the same
          information as does the Contact Info Database, into which the data from
          the sheets will be input; no physical addresses or phone numbers, just
          email addresses, URLs, and local group names. The Database is
          searchable, so folks can better find one another, but hopefully any
          correspondance arising from these connections would be of benefit, and
          not a headache. If someone wanted to have their email address removed,
          for example, that would be easy to do.

          I'm sorry - I have a fever, and sick children in the background. Am I
          answering your questions? One of the things I have found about this
          Challenge is that many folks are taking the Challenge, but have not
          signed up for it, so I have no way of knowing this. If they want to
          just tick off their 50 things and be done with it, fine, but it will be
          very difficult for me to plan to highlight their endeavors, or help
          them on their way, if I don't know that they exist.

          AA
        • ladysiwan
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 5, 2007
            I'm so sorry you're under the weather. I truly knew my son was growing
            up when I was curled up in bed one morning, wanting to die, and he
            looked in, disappeared into the kitchen, and came back with a freshly
            made cup of coffee, unasked. ("You looked like you really needed this,
            Mom.") The kids do grow up, and can become helpful, thoughtful
            (life-saving, coffee-making) people!

            Yes, that gives me a much better idea of the organization. We haven't
            had our organizational meeting yet, so no one has resisted the contact
            sheet. [We haven't SEEN the contact sheet yet! ;-)]

            I'm still in my planning stage, and am working out what to say/do etc.

            Thank you! Feel better soon!

            Susan Williams
            Lady Siwan ferch Rhys ap Hywel

            <AlbredaA@...> wrote:

            > --- In AandS50ChallengeCommunity@yahoogroups.com, "ladysiwan" wrote:

            <snip>Contact Info form HERE".
            ***
            Ah - I'm sick, and I forgot <snip>I still need to post that file.
            Sorry for the confusion; I'll let you know when it is up.
            ***
            I'm helping with a challenge at the Baronial level, in a kingdom other
            than yours. Why do you need my group's contact sheets?
            ***
            Above the actual group level, what function does the Contact sheet
            serve? (At the group level, it lets the coordinator stay in touch with
            the participants.)
            ***
            <snip> that is how folks sign-up officially, and it allows for
            networking on a larger scale. <snip> when I (or others) find
            information that we think might be of interest to someone, I can send
            it to them if I know who they are, what they are working on, and how
            to reach them. <snip> I feel that this networking is among the
            Challenges benefits.

            <snip> Getting folks to fill out the Contact Info also lets me get a