Introductions

  • forgemonkey_101
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 17, 2008
      Greetings! I'm Krag von Berghen of the Shire of the Shadowlands,
      Ansteorra. Ferrous metalworking, illumination and artillery being my
      main fields of interest. I saw the A&S 50 posted on our kingdom's list
      and thought it sounded like fun. My goal is to finish out my iron
      smelting furnace (based on the Rivault Abby model) and to produce 50
      quality iron blooms from the ~2 ton stockpile of ore I have and to
      complete 50 migration era langseaxes/swords from the material.

      Even over seven years...I'll still be up the night before the 50th
      celebration trying to finish up!

      Krag
    • Jim Looper
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 18, 2008
        I am so going to buy up coffee shares in your area!

        Best of luck in your endeavor.

        Lucien

        > Greetings! I'm Krag von Berghen of the Shire of the Shadowlands,
        > Ansteorra. Ferrous metalworking, illumination and artillery being my
        > main fields of interest. I saw the A&S 50 posted on our kingdom's list
        > and thought it sounded like fun. My goal is to finish out my iron
        > smelting furnace (based on the Rivault Abby model) and to produce 50
        > quality iron blooms from the ~2 ton stockpile of ore I have and to
        > complete 50 migration era langseaxes/swords from the material.
        >
        > Even over seven years...I'll still be up the night before the 50th
        > celebration trying to finish up!
        >
        > Krag
      • pandorathethespian
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 22, 2008
          It seems that it would do me more good to introduce myself rather than
          lurk. my name is m'lady Isabelle Sharp. I play with the College of
          Sankt Vladimir in Atenvelt primarily and thought the challange would be
          a wonderful way to experiance the society on a broader level. I don't
          spend the whole year playing, I do go home lol.

          Right now all of my projects are of garb and needlework. I will try to
          get photos up in the near future.

          Blessed be
          Isabelle
        • Emily Minier
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 31, 2008
            I, too, feel the need to introduce myself after responding to some of the questions posted to the list.

            I am HL Adalia VonderBerg. I hail from the Great Barony of Northkeep in the Stellar Kingdom of Ansteorra.  My persona is roughly 12th century Franko-Norse (although you'd never know it by my name - which was picked LONG before I had a time period).

            For the things I do....

            - Knitting - flat, in the round on double points, socks 2 at a time on a pair of circulars, socks 2 at a time on 1 circular
            - Crochet
            - Trichinopoly Chainwork - aka Viking Wire Knitting
            - Viking Whipcording
            - Kumi Himo
            - Inkle Weaving
            - Table Weaving
            - 7 Strand Loop Braiding
            - Period Cooking
            - List Heraldry
            - List Mistressing

            But mostly, I'm known for my bardic.  My GOA (the Ansteorran Iris of Merit) is in Bardcraft.  I am apprenticed to Count Sir Finn Kelley O'Donnell. He is teaching me period music styles as well as musical instrument building.  I'm currently working on the final plans for an instrument called a Gemshorn.  It is basically an Ocarina made from the horn of an animal (I'm using cow, although goat and others are period as well).

            For my A&S 50 Challenges, I have a goal to teach 50 different classes.  That's going to be a bit of a stretch, but the new things I'm learning while looking for those classes to teach are amazing.  Having just found the challenge a few months ago (September to be exact), I'm pretty proud of the fact that I'm 6 classes done already.  Only 44 more to go.  :)

            If there's anything else anyone would like to know about me or about the crafts I do, please don't hesitate to let me know.  (As a bard, there is not a shy bone in my body)  This challenge is SO MUCH FUN!!!

            --
            HL Adalia VonderBerg
            Skald of Skorragardr

            Build a man a fire and he's warm for the day...Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
          • Rachel's
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 31, 2008
              Cool listing nice to hear from such a friendly person!!!

              See ya later,

              Rachel/Halla

              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 31, 2008
                And to add, She just all around rocks!!!!

                And always remember....when life hands you Lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over

                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 31, 2008
                  You, my friend, are much too kind.  :)