Re: Fwd: [EK] Birka Photos

  • been2bali
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 1, 2010
      Great photos! It's always nice to see what is happening in other parts of the world. Those of us out here in the Southwest don't get back East too often so I enjoyed seeing how gentles are garbed and what sorts of projects folks are working on. Thank you so much.

      Bebinn (Atenveldt - praying for a dry week at Estrella)

      --- In AandS50ChallengeCommunity@yahoogroups.com, Jarrett Grace <jh.grace@...> wrote:

      > Photos 30 - 47 are of the A&S50 display at Birka.
      >
      > Many, many thanks to all of you who brought stuff to show off, hung
      > out and worked on stuff, hung out without working on stuff, wandered
      > by to visit, etc.
      >
      > We got a really good room -- the Stark room for those of you who know
      > the site. It's immediately across from the main merchant area and has
      > glass walls on 2 sides so everybody passing could see that there was
      > CoolStuff(tm) happening there. Baroness Maria of Stonemarche, Duchess
      > Svava, Stonemarche's A&S minister, and Baron Bilgisayar, the autocrat,
      > made it all very easy for us to look good. Their majesties visited
      > the exhibit and HRM Brenwen seemed most pleased with the display.
      >
      > It was good to see you all, and I actually got quite a bit of one of
      > my projects done!
      >
      > Hugh

    • Carrot Khan
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 3, 2010

        > > Photos from Birka!
        > > http://picasaweb.google.com/catelinelabroderesse/Birka2010#
        > > Enjoy!!
        > > YIS,
        > > Baronne Cateline la broderesse

        Did I see a 50 Challenge pin on some of those displays? Did I miss a memo
        on where to get them?

      • Jarrett Grace
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 3, 2010
          Eleanor le Brun made them. I gave one to every exhibitor and any other
          challenger who asked for one.

          I do have some left, so if you see me at an event (K&Q A&S for
          example) ask and ye shall be given :D

          Hugh

          On 3 February 2010 11:05, Carrot Khan <carrot.khan@...> wrote:

          >> > Photos from Birka!
          >> > http://picasaweb.google.com/catelinelabroderesse/Birka2010#
          >> > Enjoy!!
          >> > YIS,
          >> > Baronne Cateline la broderesse
          >>

          > Did I see a 50 Challenge pin on some of those displays?  Did I miss a memo
          > on where to get them?
          >
          > Jadwiga

          In collatione informatica ululans audiri non potest.

          livejournal: hugh_mannity (http://hugh-mannity.livejournal.com/)
        • D'vorah bat Atar
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 3, 2010

            On 3 Feb 2010, at 10:08 AM, Jarrett Grace wrote:

            > Eleanor le Brun made them. I gave one to every exhibitor and any other
            > challenger who asked for one.
            >
            > I do have some left, so if you see me at an event (K&Q A&S for
            > example) ask and ye shall be given :D
            >
            > Hugh

            Will you perchance be at Gulf Wars? I'd like one of those, too, if you still have what to spare.
            D'vorah bint al-Atar
            Master Albrecht Waldfurster's Egg
            dvorah@...
            http://www.facebook.com/dvorah.batatar
          • Jarrett Grace
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 3, 2010
              On 3 February 2010 11:10, D'vorah bat Atar <dvorah@...> wrote:

              > Will you perchance be at Gulf Wars? I'd like one of those, too, if you still have what to spare.

              Unfortunately not -- it's a bit too far for me to travel :(

              I don't know anyone from round here who's going, or I'd send a few with them.

              Hugh

              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 3, 2010
                On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 10:08 AM, Jarrett Grace <jh.grace@...> wrote:

                > Eleanor le Brun made them. I gave one to every exhibitor and any other
                > challenger who asked for one.
                >
                > I do have some left, so if you see me at an event (K&Q A&S for
                > example) ask and ye shall be given :D
                >
                > Hugh

                I've got plans to hit Birka next year, but I'm a tad far from the East to
                hit any events this year. The closest I'll be to you is (potentially)
                Pennsic in Aug.

              • D'vorah bat Atar
                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 3, 2010
                  On 3 Feb 2010, at 10:24 AM, Jarrett Grace wrote:

                  > On 3 February 2010 11:10, D'vorah bat Atar <dvorah@...> wrote:
                  >
                  >> Will you perchance be at Gulf Wars? I'd like one of those, too, if you still have what to spare.
                  >
                  > Unfortunately not -- it's a bit too far for me to travel :(
                  >
                  > I don't know anyone from round here who's going, or I'd send a few with them.
                  >
                  > Hugh
                  >

                  > --
                  > In collatione informatica ululans audiri non potest.

                  Ah, well, I'll have to find a design and trace my own! (Cute tagline, BTW.)
                  Message 8 of 12 , Feb 3, 2010
                    On 3 February 2010 11:26, Carrot Khan <carrot.khan@...> wrote:

                    > I've got plans to hit Birka next year, but I'm a tad far from the East to
                    > hit any events this year.  The closest I'll be to you is (potentially)
                    > Pennsic in Aug.

                    Ah yes, Pennsic -- If all goes according to plan, I'll be there. I'll
                    bring however many I have left with me.

                    Hugh

                    --
                    In collatione informatica ululans audiri non potest.

                    livejournal: hugh_mannity (http://hugh-mannity.livejournal.com/)
                  • The Foxes
                    Message 9 of 12 , Feb 3, 2010
                      Or.

                      I'll just make more :-)

                      -eleanor le brun

                      <mailto:carrot.khan%40gmail.com> gmail.com> wrote:

                      > I've got plans to hit Birka next year, but I'm a tad far from the East
                      > hit any events this year. The closest I'll be to you is (potentially)
                      > Pennsic in Aug.

                      Ah yes, Pennsic -- If all goes according to plan, I'll be there. I'll
                      bring however many I have left with me.

                      Hugh

                      --
                      In collatione informatica ululans audiri non potest.

                      livejournal: hugh_mannity (http://hugh-
                      <http://hugh-mannity.livejournal.com/> mannity.livejournal.com/)

                    • Barbara
                      Message 10 of 12 , Feb 3, 2010
                        Sorry I wasn't there to display my lace (although you had some lovely
                        things by Nest there!)A last minute decision not to drive, added to a sick
                        cat and my weekend was shot.
                        Barbeta
                      • AlbredaA@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 12 , Feb 3, 2010
                          In a message dated 2/3/2010 11:55:54 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
                          harpnfiddle@... writes:

                          Sorry I wasn't there to display my lace (although you had some lovely
                          things by Nest there!)A last minute decision not to drive, added to a sick
                          cat and my weekend was shot.
                          Barbeta

                          Ah - I wondered how I'd managed to miss seeing you! I hope your cat is
                          feeling better!

                          AA