Fwd: [EK] Birka Photos

  • Jarrett Grace
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 31, 2010
      Photos 30 - 47 are of the A&S50 display at Birka.

      Many, many thanks to all of you who brought stuff to show off, hung
      out and worked on stuff, hung out without working on stuff, wandered
      by to visit, etc.

      We got a really good room -- the Stark room for those of you who know
      the site. It's immediately across from the main merchant area and has
      glass walls on 2 sides so everybody passing could see that there was
      CoolStuff(tm) happening there. Baroness Maria of Stonemarche, Duchess
      Svava, Stonemarche's A&S minister, and Baron Bilgisayar, the autocrat,
      made it all very easy for us to look good. Their majesties visited
      the exhibit and HRM Brenwen seemed most pleased with the display.

      It was good to see you all, and I actually got quite a bit of one of
      my projects done!

      Hugh
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 1, 2010
        Great photos! It's always nice to see what is happening in other parts of the world. Those of us out here in the Southwest don't get back East too often so I enjoyed seeing how gentles are garbed and what sorts of projects folks are working on. Thank you so much.

        Bebinn (Atenveldt - praying for a dry week at Estrella)

        --- In AandS50ChallengeCommunity@yahoogroups.com, Jarrett Grace <jh.grace@...> wrote:

        > Photos 30 - 47 are of the A&S50 display at Birka.
        >
        > Many, many thanks to all of you who brought stuff to show off, hung
        > out and worked on stuff, hung out without working on stuff, wandered
        > by to visit, etc.
        >
        > We got a really good room -- the Stark room for those of you who know
        > the site. It's immediately across from the main merchant area and has
        > glass walls on 2 sides so everybody passing could see that there was
        > CoolStuff(tm) happening there. Baroness Maria of Stonemarche, Duchess
        > Svava, Stonemarche's A&S minister, and Baron Bilgisayar, the autocrat,
        > made it all very easy for us to look good. Their majesties visited
        > the exhibit and HRM Brenwen seemed most pleased with the display.
        >
        > It was good to see you all, and I actually got quite a bit of one of
        > my projects done!
        >
        > Hugh

      • Carrot Khan
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 3, 2010

          > > Photos from Birka!
          > > http://picasaweb.google.com/catelinelabroderesse/Birka2010#
          > > Enjoy!!
          > > YIS,
          > > Baronne Cateline la broderesse

          Did I see a 50 Challenge pin on some of those displays? Did I miss a memo
          on where to get them?

        • Jarrett Grace
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 3, 2010
            Eleanor le Brun made them. I gave one to every exhibitor and any other
            challenger who asked for one.

            I do have some left, so if you see me at an event (K&Q A&S for
            example) ask and ye shall be given :D

            Hugh

            On 3 February 2010 11:05, Carrot Khan <carrot.khan@...> wrote:

            >> > Photos from Birka!
            >> > http://picasaweb.google.com/catelinelabroderesse/Birka2010#
            >> > Enjoy!!
            >> > YIS,
            >> > Baronne Cateline la broderesse
            >>

            > Did I see a 50 Challenge pin on some of those displays?  Did I miss a memo
            > on where to get them?
            >
            > Jadwiga

            In collatione informatica ululans audiri non potest.

            livejournal: hugh_mannity (http://hugh-mannity.livejournal.com/)
          • D'vorah bat Atar
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 3, 2010

              On 3 Feb 2010, at 10:08 AM, Jarrett Grace wrote:

              > Eleanor le Brun made them. I gave one to every exhibitor and any other
              > challenger who asked for one.
              >
              > I do have some left, so if you see me at an event (K&Q A&S for
              > example) ask and ye shall be given :D
              >
              > Hugh

              Will you perchance be at Gulf Wars? I'd like one of those, too, if you still have what to spare.
              D'vorah bint al-Atar
              Master Albrecht Waldfurster's Egg
              dvorah@...
              http://www.facebook.com/dvorah.batatar
            • Jarrett Grace
              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 3, 2010
                On 3 February 2010 11:10, D'vorah bat Atar <dvorah@...> wrote:

                > Will you perchance be at Gulf Wars? I'd like one of those, too, if you still have what to spare.

                Unfortunately not -- it's a bit too far for me to travel :(

                I don't know anyone from round here who's going, or I'd send a few with them.

                Hugh

                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 3, 2010
                  On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 10:08 AM, Jarrett Grace <jh.grace@...> wrote:

                  > Eleanor le Brun made them. I gave one to every exhibitor and any other
                  > challenger who asked for one.
                  >
                  > I do have some left, so if you see me at an event (K&Q A&S for
                  > example) ask and ye shall be given :D
                  >
                  > Hugh

                  I've got plans to hit Birka next year, but I'm a tad far from the East to
                  hit any events this year. The closest I'll be to you is (potentially)
                  Pennsic in Aug.

                • D'vorah bat Atar
                  Message 8 of 12 , Feb 3, 2010
                    On 3 Feb 2010, at 10:24 AM, Jarrett Grace wrote:

                    > On 3 February 2010 11:10, D'vorah bat Atar <dvorah@...> wrote:
                    >
                    >> Will you perchance be at Gulf Wars? I'd like one of those, too, if you still have what to spare.
                    >
                    > Unfortunately not -- it's a bit too far for me to travel :(
                    >
                    > I don't know anyone from round here who's going, or I'd send a few with them.
                    >
                    > Hugh
                    >

                    > --
                    > In collatione informatica ululans audiri non potest.

                    Ah, well, I'll have to find a design and trace my own! (Cute tagline, BTW.)
                    Message 9 of 12 , Feb 3, 2010
                      On 3 February 2010 11:26, Carrot Khan <carrot.khan@...> wrote:

                      > I've got plans to hit Birka next year, but I'm a tad far from the East to
                      > hit any events this year.  The closest I'll be to you is (potentially)
                      > Pennsic in Aug.

                      Ah yes, Pennsic -- If all goes according to plan, I'll be there. I'll
                      bring however many I have left with me.

                      Hugh

                      --
                      In collatione informatica ululans audiri non potest.

                      livejournal: hugh_mannity (http://hugh-mannity.livejournal.com/)
                    • The Foxes
                      Message 10 of 12 , Feb 3, 2010
                        Or.

                        I'll just make more :-)

                        -eleanor le brun

                        <mailto:carrot.khan%40gmail.com> gmail.com> wrote:

                        > I've got plans to hit Birka next year, but I'm a tad far from the East
                        > hit any events this year. The closest I'll be to you is (potentially)
                        > Pennsic in Aug.

                        Ah yes, Pennsic -- If all goes according to plan, I'll be there. I'll
                        bring however many I have left with me.

                        Hugh

                        --
                        In collatione informatica ululans audiri non potest.

                        livejournal: hugh_mannity (http://hugh-
                        <http://hugh-mannity.livejournal.com/> mannity.livejournal.com/)

                      • Barbara
                        Message 11 of 12 , Feb 3, 2010
                          Sorry I wasn't there to display my lace (although you had some lovely
                          things by Nest there!)A last minute decision not to drive, added to a sick
                          cat and my weekend was shot.
                          Barbeta
                        • AlbredaA@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 12 , Feb 3, 2010
                            In a message dated 2/3/2010 11:55:54 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
                            harpnfiddle@... writes:

                            Sorry I wasn't there to display my lace (although you had some lovely
                            things by Nest there!)A last minute decision not to drive, added to a sick
                            cat and my weekend was shot.
                            Barbeta

                            Ah - I wondered how I'd managed to miss seeing you! I hope your cat is
                            feeling better!

                            AA