De-lurking time!

  • Albreda Aylese
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2007
      Hey folks -

      There are *nine* of us here, and I'm still pretty much the only one
      talking! Nothing new, really, but it CAN be different, and I'm sure
      you don't all want to read nothing but ME ME ME all week long. ;)

      Some of you here haven't introduced yourselves yet (none here, some on
      the old forums) and you can all feel free to chat Challenges, A&S in
      your group, what you want to learn, etc!

      ***So - simple question - what is everyone working on right now?***

      I'm still pulling my hair out with Joomla, trying to get our new site,
      up, but in my REAL A&S work, I'm headed to the hardware store so I can
      rework my lap tapestry loom (so I can fit it in my recliner!), and am
      planning out my very first hand-sewn linen dress. (I don't know which
      is more frightening, that I plan to hand-sew it, or that it will be my
      first period-cut linen dress!)

      I WAS hoping to have the dress done for Crossroads to Canterbury (Sept
      14-16), but that was just my being delusional again. I WOULD say that
      my new goal is to have it done for MiMimir's Well (Oct 20 - not listed
      in the Pikestaff, but online!) but I have so much else to do for that
      event (I'm teaching, running A&S 50, running the exhbition, running the
      Rune project, AND running Youth Programs) that I think I ought not to
      add to the pile of projects for that one. So - my new goal for the
      dress is my next big Central or Southern region event after Mimir's.
      (Honestly, I don't often get down that way, but I NEED to for the
      Challenge - she's a taskmaster - and I know that I want to look all
      spiffy for the city slickers.)

      How about you?
      AA