Re: [AandS50ChallengeCommunity] Introduction, as suggested

  • AlbredaA@aol.com
    Message 1 of 44 , Jan 10, 2010
      In a message dated 1/9/2010 8:42:53 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      dvorah@... writes:

      Medievally, I'm pretty sure I've decided to be a 13th century Yemenite
      Jew. I chose that because in 'real' life I'm Jewish, and a follower of
      Maimonidean practices, and Musa ibn Maimon (Maimonides, to use his better-known
      name) lived in the 12th century, dying just after the turn of the 13th;
      therefore, I couldn't live before him, because his rulings didn't exist until he
      had lived. The Yemenite community's practices are, to this day, the most
      faithful to the Maimonidean tradition. It'll be easier to follow the
      traditions that I know and follow in my regular life, than to try to figure out
      how to blend my own traditions that I'm obligated to follow and my persona's
      traditions that I follow only for entertainment purposes. My byname, "bat
      Atar," means "daughter of the spice merchant," and is a shout-out to my
      Pelican master, whose persona is a spice merchant. My persona isn't the
      daughter of his persona (since he's neither Jewish nor Yemenite), but I wanted to
      honor him.

      VERY cool. I have nothing but respect for folks who manage to remain
      devout (to whatever path) while simultaneously actively playing in the SCA.
      You seem to have found a fun way to do both! :)

      Welcome D'vorah!

    • Johnna Holloway
      Message 44 of 44 , Jan 25, 2010
        I suspect you need to clear this plan with the autocrats
        since you are offering a meal service. You may have to
        meet certain requirements. Certain sites may not allow this.

        Johnnae