Re: [AandS50ChallengeCommunity] Re: Early Irish Maps

  • Carrot Khan
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 10, 2010
      On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 1:05 PM, Elewyiss the Jew <elewyiss@...>wrote:

      > Jawiga,
      >
      > I think you should start a fund for the tapestry to travel. I would so send
      > money. I would love to see it in person and ask you all kinds of stupid
      > questions. And see your books. We could do fund raising for it.
      >
      > Now, stupid question about Insular Draconis, what/where is it? Why did it
      > have a Viceroy? Is that a step toward kingdom-hood like Principality?
      >
      > Elewyiss

      (laugh) Well, I like to travel enough that just an invite to come show it
      is enough reason for me to go and it killed me mightily to have to decline
      an invite to the Cleftlands because of schedule conflict. Within reason, I
      can get to numerous kingdoms without an outrageous amount of effort as its
      usually (usually) not a money issue, but more of a babysitting issue.
      Oertha will be hard, but it's high on my goals. I actually find the idea of
      12th Night above the Arctic Circle to be compelling.

      ID is the UK + Ireland + Iceland. I think. A local might need correct me.
      I'm kinda curious about the Viceroy thing myself.

    • Berdanier
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 11, 2010
        ID is the Crown Principality of Insulae Draconis. (http://www.insulaedraconis.org/) It does indeed compromise of the isles of the United Kingdom and Ireland. Iceland has been kindly tacked on. They have a Viceroy and Vicerine as the representitive of the Crown, but not for long! We have permission to become a full Principality. :-)

        Regards,

        Cathryn

        To: AandS50ChallengeCommunity@yahoogroups.com
        From: carrot.khan@...