Re: [AandS50ChallengeCommunity] The start of Knowoperwrimo 2009

  • Jarrett Grace
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 4, 2009
      It's your challenge -- you get to choose. :D

      We're kinda light on rules and regulations round here. No one's going
      to come and take away your toys if you do 51 or 49 things (If you do
      substantially more we'll be full of appreciative shock and awe
      though). We won't make you stand in the corner if you don't document
      to within an inch of your life. No one's going to take calipers to
      your items and declare them "too small to count". And our time
      machine's in the shop again so we aren't going to be going back and
      making sure none of your stuff was started before May 1 AS 42. (2007
      for those looking at mundane calendars).

      Rule #1: Do A&S stuff
      Rule #2: Do 50(ish) bits of it
      Rule #3. Have fun.

      If in doubt, refer to Rule #3. :D

      Hugh,
      EK Coordinator

      --
      In collatione informatica ululans audiri non potest.

      livejournal: hugh_mannity (http://hugh-mannity.livejournal.com/)
    • Verena Entenwirt
      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 4, 2009
        Speaking of the KNOWOPERWRIMO, I just posted another set of Persona
        exercises on Social Class.

        As it is only the 4th of November, you are not to late to start :-)

        -Verena

        On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 1:16 PM, Jarrett Grace <jh.grace@...> wrote:

        > It's your challenge -- you get to choose. :D
        >
        > We're kinda light on rules and regulations round here. No one's going
        > to come and take away your toys if you do 51 or 49 things (If you do
        > substantially more we'll be full of appreciative shock and awe
        > though). We won't make you stand in the corner if you don't document
        > to within an inch of your life. No one's going to take calipers to
        > your items and declare them "too small to count". And our time
        > machine's in the shop again so we aren't going to be going back and
        > making sure none of your stuff was started before May 1 AS 42. (2007
        > for those looking at mundane calendars).
        >
        > Rule #1: Do A&S stuff
        > Rule #2: Do 50(ish) bits of it
        > Rule #3. Have fun.
        >
        > If in doubt, refer to Rule #3. :D
        >
        > Hugh,
        > EK Coordinator
        >
        > 2009/11/4 Carol Patterson <angels84684@... <angels84684%40yahoo.com>
        > >:
        >

        > > Any chance to do 50 things spread over the 3 categories?? If not, not a
        > problem. I'm new enough to this world that I practically get 50 new things
        > a month! (no documentation, of course, but ...) : )!!
        > >

        > --
        > In collatione informatica ululans audiri non potest.
        >
        > livejournal: hugh_mannity (http://hugh-mannity.livejournal.com/)

        --
        Lady Verena Entenwirth
        www.broomstich.com

      • Carol Patterson
        Message 3 of 16 , Nov 4, 2009
          That's great!!  Thanks!!  HHmmmmm, now the only question is what to do first/next!!...so may options!!
          Carol

          ________________________________

          2009/11/4 Carol Patterson <angels84684@ yahoo.com>:

          > Any chance to do 50 things spread over the 3 categories??  If not, not a problem.  I'm new enough to this world that I practically get 50 new things a month!  (no documentation, of course, but ...)  : )!!

          --
          In collatione informatica ululans audiri non potest.

          livejournal: hugh_mannity (http://hugh-mannity.livejournal.com/)

        • Luke Knowlton
          Message 4 of 16 , Nov 4, 2009
            Hi Carol,

            Knowoperwrimo is definitely addictive, so much so that I started 2 months
            early! I'm up to 19,100 words since the 4th of Sept. Cross your fingers that
            I will keep it up until Feb. 16.

            Luke
            lucianus.livejournal.com
            journal.lukehistory.com

            B) A set number of words during the month of November (10,000 words)

          • Carol Patterson
            Message 5 of 16 , Nov 4, 2009
              My fingers are crossed for you.!    What is the significance of Feb 16th?  It sounded like it was just the month of Nov.  Again, only "2 days old" in this part of the world
              Carol

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 16 , Nov 4, 2009
                For my entries I'm taking a slide of Luke's life from early Sept 1586
                through Feb. (at least the 16th) 1587 and writing about the wounding and
                death of Sir Philip Sidney and then the time up to and including his
                funeral. I have been interested in the Sidney legend and trying to tease out
                fact from hagiography (esp that of Greville). This has been in interesting
                exercise. I have been doing a load of reading of primary source material as
                well as modern analysis of the topic. In addition I have been reading bios
                of the major figures, Sidney, Greville, Dyer, Bacon to name a few as well as
                piles of scholarly articles to help me build my plot. I have been trying not
                to write too far ahead and I've been just letting things fall into place as
                seems most natural.

                So by way of a long explanation 2/16 is the date of Sidney's funeral.

                Luke

                On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 3:38 PM, Carol Patterson <angels84684@...>wrote:

                > My fingers are crossed for you.! What is the significance of Feb 16th?
                > It sounded like it was just the month of Nov. Again, only "2 days old" in
                > this part of the world
                > Carol
                >
                > ________________________________

              • Elewyiss the Jew
                Message 7 of 16 , Nov 4, 2009
                  Verena, where did you post the Persona exercises?

                  Elewyiss

                  --
                  Ro'ah Chatulim

                • Verena Entenwirt
                  Message 8 of 16 , Nov 4, 2009
                    They are posted everyday (ok most days) at
                    http://community.livejournal.com/knowoperwrimo/

                    I don't post everyday on this list for fear of bogging it down for the
                    month. Though I will do recaps every Friday.

                    Today's theme was all about social position and class. There were 10
                    questions such as What station or class are you of, Are you of the same
                    station and class as those around you? Are you higher or lower? Is the
                    class treatment culturally dictated or a personal decision? How is this
                    station relevant to your station (awards, or position) in the SCA. Have you
                    merged the two?

                    For those writing in their Persona's voice, the topic is to either write a
                    letter or a journal entry talking about having to deal with someone of a
                    different class.

                    -Verena

                    On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 4:37 PM, Elewyiss the Jew <elewyiss@...> wrote:

                    > Verena, where did you post the Persona exercises?
                    >
                    > Elewyiss
                    >
                    > --
                    > Ro'ah Chatulim

                    Lady Verena Entenwirth
                    www.broomstich.com

                    Message 9 of 16 , Nov 4, 2009
                      LJ. Of course. Need to check there when I'm not blocked at work. Thank you.

                      Elewyiss

                      On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 5:56 PM, Verena Entenwirt <verena@...>wrote:

                      > They are posted everyday (ok most days) at
                      > http://community.livejournal.com/knowoperwrimo/
                      >
                      > I don't post everyday on this list for fear of bogging it down for the
                      > month. Though I will do recaps every Friday.
                      >
                      > Today's theme was all about social position and class. There were 10
                      > questions such as What station or class are you of, Are you of the same
                      > station and class as those around you? Are you higher or lower? Is the
                      > class treatment culturally dictated or a personal decision? How is this
                      > station relevant to your station (awards, or position) in the SCA. Have you
                      > merged the two?
                      >
                      > For those writing in their Persona's voice, the topic is to either write a
                      > letter or a journal entry talking about having to deal with someone of a
                      > different class.
                      >
                      > -Verena
                      >

                      > On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 4:37 PM, Elewyiss the Jew <elewyiss@...>
                      > wrote:
                      >

                      > > Verena, where did you post the Persona exercises?
                      > >
                      > > Elewyiss
                      > >
                      > > --
                      > > Ro'ah Chatulim

                      > Lady Verena Entenwirth