gluing bone; Tudors and persona

  • Vicki Hyde
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2009
      So while we're discussing finds and treatment, I just scored an
      ermine collar with four furs in it. Sadly one of the tails has just
      snapped off -- anyone got advice on suitable glue for gluing one tiny
      chunk of bone to another? (Superglue seems ineffective.)

      Now I have to think what I can use it for. I had thought a cap of
      maintenance, but the collar itself is do nicely made and lined that
      perhaps I should leave it at that. Hmm, wonder what
      documentation/justification I can find for a loose collar on an
      Elizabethan gown....

      On a final note, you know your AS50 persona challenge is progressing
      when you're watching The Tudors (a very racy soapy TV series with
      appalling headwear and history but great interiors), and a new
      character in an eyepatch is introduced, and on hearing he's Francis
      Bryan you exclaim, "Oooo, I know him! My father took eye eye out in a
      tournament!". (I have the preliminary sketches to prove it :-)

      Cheers,
      katherine

      WebCentre Ltd, Box 19-760, Christchurch, NZ http://webcentre.co.nz
      Great Web solutions, smart software, helpful support
      * TurboNote+ sticky note trial: http://TurboNote.com