Re: [AandS50ChallengeCommunity] Too darned quiet!

  • Rachel's
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 13, 2009
      Being quiet some times is a good thing.  It always gives us time to reflect on why we do what we do.  Since I only have access to a computer every Tuesday and I am reading about 900 emails.  Currently I am working on a wall panel that is based off a page from the Book of Kells.  I decided to work this project alone and only two other people know what the entire project is going to entail.

      I am still searching for the colors used in the Book of Kells and a source of the information. I have a listing of colors but not a source.  I read some where that there were 13 different colors used but I have a listing of nine and I lost my source.  A laurel email me a listing but I have not been able to contact her  so I am stuck right now.  Well I guess I will just work on the design of the panel.  I may be able to complete the design and drawing as early as December.  This is taking up a lot of time.  OH! GOD !!! then I have to transfer it then paint it............ So, right now quiet is good when you have so much work to do....

      Till later have fun with your projects.

      Halla

      ________________________________

      Subject: [AandS50ChallengeCommunity] Too darned quiet!

      Recent ActivityVisit Your Group
      Give Back
      Yahoo! for Good
      Get inspired
      by a good cause.
      Y! Toolbar
      Get it Free!
      easy 1-click access
      to your groups.
      Yahoo! Groups
      Start a group
      in 3 easy steps.
      Connect with others.
      .

    • Luke Knowlton
      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 13, 2009
        Hi Folks,

        For me, KnoWoPerWriMo posts continue on apace. You can catch them at
        lucianus.livejournal.com or journal.lukehistory.com. If you want to read
        them on LJ, I'll need to friend you which I am happy to do. The LJ
        KnoWoPerWriMo community may be found at:
        http://community.livejournal.com/knowoperwrimo/profile

        Cheers,

        Luke

      • AlbredaA@aol.com
        Message 3 of 15 , Oct 16, 2009
          In a message dated 10/12/2009 1:54:41 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
          chrislynnet@... writes:

          As to the A-S question: I finally got a copy of Crocker's Dress in
          Anglo-Saxon England. It's in my car ( just got back from war) but I
          remember
          her talking about A-S brooches where the Norse influence was strong. I'll
          look it up tomorrow and see what she says, it may help you.

          I actually have that book myself, so I suppose I could do my OWN research,
          eh? ;)

          Thanks for the suggestion!

        • Christine Taylor
          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 16, 2009
            Sounds like a plan! I just ran into the passage and promptly forgot where it
            was again. 7th to 8th century women's chapter I think. I don't remember if
            she was specific about wearing the brooches on specifically Anglo-Norse
            dress, but she did talk about cruciform brooches.

            Caitlin