Wow

  • albreda_aylese
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 2, 2009
      Hey folks -

      I have had three really, *really* interesting emails in the last few days; folks offering to be Coordinators, folks who are setting up Wikis, etc, and I'm really excited.

      I'm also still SWAMPED in catching up with my homelife after getting my Dad home from rehab, and all that entailed. (I'm miraculously not sick (my body's usual reaction when getting over a stressful period), but I AM *exhausted*.)

      Ergo, if you have written to me in the last few days *pretty please with jam on BE PATIENT*; I *will* get back to you, but it might be a few days.

      Meanwhile, maybe some of our lurkers can share what they've been up to lately??

      Thanks folks!
      Albreda
    • Oakes, George
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 2, 2009
        Well let me see, finishing up Bow #2, which I have fondly named
        "Artemis", so I can donate it, to be sold in a Silent Auction(listed
        below) at Fall Coronation this weekend. The bow is a Fiberglass and
        Mahogany veneer backed Hickory Flatbow. Target draw weight 40-45lbs, at
        28" to be donated with a handmade Flemish twist string for the Silent
        Auction. Pictures I just uploaded to my photo folder on the yahoo
        group...

        Silent Auction to Benefit Mistress Elfwin
        Saturday Noon in the Gymnasium
        hosted by Thalassa Knossos Hellas

        Earlier this year, Mistress Elfwyn de Barfleur suffered a brain aneurysm
        and was hospitalized for an extended period of time. She has now
        returned home and her medical condition necessitates that her house be
        upgraded to accommodate a motorized chair. These upgrades would include
        a ramp into her house, the widening of doorways, and the remodeling of
        the bathroom. A local contractor has volunteered to supply the labor if
        the cost of supplies can be covered.

        At Fall Coronation, a silent auction will be held on Saturday in the Gym
        beginning at 12pm and running until 5pm with all proceeds to go towards
        these upgrades. If anyone has SCA-related items they would like to
        donate, they can bring them to me at any An Crosaire meeting up till the
        actual event or to HL Melangell merch Mariot at Marcaster meetings. At
        Fall Coronation, any items the populace would like to donate in support
        of this project can be brought to the Gym prior to the start of the
        auction.

        <SNIPPED>

      • AlbredaA@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 2, 2009
          In a message dated 9/2/2009 9:42:07 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
          goakes@... writes:

          The bow is a Fiberglass and
          Mahogany veneer backed Hickory Flatbow. Target draw weight 40-45lbs, at
          28" to be donated with a handmade Flemish twist string for the Silent
          Auction. Pictures I just uploaded to my photo folder on the yahoo
          group...

          Silent Auction to Benefit Mistress Elfwin

          I love the SCA - that folks would get together to help someone out like
          this is such a grand thing! And that bow sounds MARVELOUS!

          Thanks for sharing!