Re: [AandS50ChallengeCommunity] end game:some food for thought...

  • Verena Entenwirt
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 1, 2009
      So for some reason this weekend we were talking about SCA passports- I
      remeber a reign a few years back who did Calontir Passprts and every Barony
      had their own page.

      I got thinking that it might be cool, if we do numerous events- to create an
      AS50 passport. Maybe a couple of pages per each kingdom. Then when ever you
      go to an AS50 session or event- you can get your friends to sign it..... Was
      just thinking that it could make a cool momento a few years down the line
      (and encourage people to get out there and meet knew people- I know I would
      never had met Jadwiga (not to mention all the other cool Midlanders) if it
      was not for the AS50 group, and I think she is the bomb, so I am all about
      meeting new people )

      Just another idea
      -Verena

      --
      Lady Verena Entenwirth
      www.broomstich.com

    • Carrot Khan
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 1, 2009
        > I got thinking that it might be cool, if we do numerous events- to create an
        > AS50 passport. Maybe a couple of pages per each kingdom. Then when ever you
        > go to an AS50 session or event- you can get your friends to sign it..... Was
        > just thinking that it could make a cool momento a few years down the line
        > (and encourage people to get out there and meet knew people- I know I would
        > never had met Jadwiga (not to mention all the other cool Midlanders) if it
        > was not for the AS50 group, and I think she is the bomb, so I am all about
        > meeting new people )

        What an awesome idea! I was planning on having people autograph my
        personal set of class notes as I traveled (mental note - start writing
        class notes). To bad groups don't have rubber stamps of their arms so
        you could collect the images as you came into troll!

        Jadwiga
      • Margrett Norwoode
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 1, 2009
          What a great idea! When mine are approved (hopefully by the end of this year and hopefully approved without changes), I'll make up either a rubber stamp or a small stencil with mine in outline form. Or I can always draw mine quickly LOL--mine can be drawn in a minute or so.

          Margrett

          --- In AandS50ChallengeCommunity@yahoogroups.com, Carrot Khan <carrot.khan@...> wrote:
          . . . To bad groups don't have rubber stamps of their arms so
          > you could collect the images as you came into troll!
          >
          > Jadwiga

        • Arianne de Chateaumichel
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 2, 2009
            Albreda wrote:

            > And this goes for lots of folks, even *without* adding in our economic
            > situation, which is one of the big reasons I would *really* like to see each
            > Kingdom do their own celebration as well, either as part of some other event,
            > or as a stand alone event, or as a private party - *something* so that
            > Challengers who can't get far from home can still get in on the festivities
            > and celebrate their Challenge work.

            Whether or not they would be in addition to a specific event relating to the challenge, I would think it would be easy enough to get event autocrats in all the the various kingdoms to set aside places for Challengers to display their work as part of the festivities for 50th year. I know it would happen in Trimaris.

            Arianne