Re: A&S 50 Badge

  • Albreda Aylese
    Message 1 of 40 , Feb 29, 2008
      Ok - here goes:

      Green with gold lettering, including AT LEAST a '50' (or ethnic
      equivalent) with a candle (representing the Arts and Sciences) inside
      the '0' of the '50' (or next to it, for ethnic representations of the
      numeric value). If folks want to add stars, or completion tokens,
      the letters 'A&S', or symbols of what they are working on, fine, but
      the '50' with the candle in the '0', worked in gold, on a green
      ground, must predominate. It can be worked in any medium, as long as
      it follows these guidelines.

      That way folks can decide for themselves what, if any, additions they
      wish to make to the base image, and can present it in whatver way
      they desire. We don't all need to like each other's choices, but at
      least we should be able to recognize each other, and also each do our
      own thing. (The Challenge itself has so few rules - why should our
      badge have more?)

      Good to go?
      Albreda

      --- In AandS50ChallengeCommunity@yahoogroups.com, Christine Vogel
      <ckvogel_23456@...> wrote:

      > Wow, I didn't realize what I was starting when I mentioned doing a
      Challenge Badge. It must have been on alot of people's minds.

      > Consensus would be good, but poor Albreda, I think you have the
      defining say. The e-mails are already focusing on green ground with
      the emblem of the candle and some version of "50". Since the goal is
      really the doing, not the "done" I don't think it's appropriate to
      add to the badge for projects completed. A person who never finishes
      their 50 items could still learn as much in the planning as someone
      who accomplishes their 50 things.

      > Why don't we decide (or Albreda chooses) a basic badge and allow
      one specific modification for people who can't resist personalizing.
      Maybe the addition of a charge in chief (I say butchering herald-
      speak).

      > Someone else mentioned doing drawings and I like that thought.
      With KASF tomorrow, I don't know when I'll get them drawn but I'll
      try to post my ideas so everyone can see them. It might be fun to
      see how others "see" the badge so feel free to add to the post.

      > My Two Cents - Christine of Marinus
      >
      > P.S.: I like the idea of having the "A" & "S" on the badge.
      >

      > Albreda Aylese <AlbredaA@...> wrote:
      > Eh, I'm more into concensus, than voting per se.... Does anyone
      HATE
      > the idea below?
      >
      > If folks want to add stars or symbols of what they are specifically
      > working on, I'd think that would be fine. Given that, did we really
      > have any other points of contention???
      >
      > Albreda
      >

      > ---------------------------------

    • Albreda Aylese
      Message 40 of 40 , Mar 3, 2008
        --- In AandS50ChallengeCommunity@yahoogroups.com, "Brett Chandler-
        Finch" <goldweard@...> wrote:

        > I'll have to check through my fonts for a non italic one. I can
        > raise the height of the candle no problem. I just put in a short
        one
        > because your drawing had it short.

        Mine was NOT short! It simply had a lovely real gold leaf flame!
        Hmph! ;) (It is actually my first use of real gold leaf in anything
        other than a class sample, so it expands upon one of my Challenge
        tasks - wahoo!)

        and you say oddly demonic like
        > it's a bad thing.

        Yeah, I get called evil enough already... >;)

        I'll post the changes

        Thank you for humoring me, Goldweard!