Atlantian favors

  • Karen Summerfelt-Hume
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2009
      Greetings All,

      Here in Atlantia I see an abundance of the 'classic' belt favor - some large, some small, some with pockets and all decorated in assorted fashions - embroidery, applique', beading, paint, etc. I've heard of folks with sleeve favors but never seen one. The Queen's favors are generally either a belt type favor in Her colors with Her initial or a garter type favor with a buckle or catch of some sort so the garter can be worn on arm, leg or belt. There are any number of household favors, generally of the belt style. One of the nicest favors I was ever able to hand out was a narrow tablet woven band in my colors - not woven by me, but by an acquaintance. My husband's most cherished Queen's favor was given to him by Queen Niobe after he left the event to get her some cough drops. She walks on water as far as he's concerned - but that's another story.
      Tokens, at least those I see most often here in Atlantia, are not wearable things but objects indicative of the person handing them out. They range from beads to book marks to calling cards. Most often you'll see them beside A & S entries at events. In many cases these are from various Laurels and Pearls (Atlantia's major A & S Order) and there is much encouragement to include contact information with these tokens to encourage new artisans to contact and talk to their 'admirers'.

      Chagan

      "The possibilities are endless, The limitations are in your mind"

      " I speak the truth, not so much as I would, but as much as I dare: and I dare a little more, as I grow older.' - Michel de Montaigne, (1533-1592)

      http://khatun.livejournal.com/