Re: [AandS50ChallengeCommunity] Re: So?

  • AlbredaA@aol.com
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 8, 2007
      In a message dated 10/8/2007 1:06:30 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, leofsige@... writes:
      It was a great weekend!
      And a great report!  I can't even begin to list all of the things that I want to congratulate you on out of it, so I will just say, as we do in the East, Vivat!!

      Albreda :)

    • S.E. Buchter
      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 9, 2007
        Ok, I know its not a big deal, but I had so much fun doing it and am really proud of the result so I thought I would share.  I did the coronation cote for Andreas and Gabriella's baby.  Although it is not a huge project, the entire thing was hand sewn and I made the buttons.  I was especially proud that the brocade pattern matched up perfectly (I had never wored with patterned fabric before.)  I fit it to my son who loved to wear it, he never wanted to take it off.  I will eventually get detailed pics up on my photobucket.  But until then, coronation pictures (and the baby with the cote I made) are at  http://picasaweb.google.com/kmcorriganjr/Coronation   if anyone wants to check it out.

        Thanks for letting me waste some bandwidth.

        Ysemay

        "Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say"--5.3.323 King Lear

      • AlbredaA@aol.com
        Message 3 of 15 , Oct 10, 2007
          Sit down, Ysemay; I need to talk to you, and the rest of you might as well listen in, too.

          #1)  The cote looks *terrific,* and the buttons are gorgeous (and how you got them so identical, or how you have time to outfit not only your OWN kids, but someone else's too, I do NOT know!)  Thanks for sharing it with us!

          #2)  If you want to be all super-self deprecating, go do it on the apprentice list. ;)  THIS list is all about sharing our work and accomplishments and celebrating them together.  If I EVER again catch you apologizing for 'wasting bandwith' under a subject line of 'my latest project' I'm going to smack you with a wet noodle!!!

          Got it?  Were the rest of you listening?

          Good; do NOT make me have this conversation again.  ;)

          Albreda, feeling all sassy mama-bear this morning

        • Karen Summerfelt-Hume
          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 12, 2007
            I have to take up my  wand of power and thwack you smartly on your knuckles young lady!  It is a big deal and it's quite lovely.
            We so often judge a project by its size or volume or complexity instead of the quality of the project and the joy a well made item gives us.  A lady in our BArony makes delightful embroidered christmas ornaments and we consider ourselves quite fortunate when given one.  So - donot devalue a project just because it's small or simple.

            Okay - soap box back in its place now.

            CHagan

            Message 5 of 15 , Oct 12, 2007
              In a message dated 10/12/2007 7:33:41 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, chagankhulan@... writes:
              So - donot devalue a project just because it's small or simple.

              Heck, when a project can be small, simple, cheap and fast, I'm in heaven!  Large size and huge complexity often makes me think LESS of a project!  The real craftsmanship sometimes shows up better in a project like this - like her buttons!

            • Karen Summerfelt-Hume
              Message 6 of 15 , Oct 12, 2007
                Yes in deedy do!

                Chagan