Re: Margrett

  • Margrett Norwoode
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 10, 2008
      Why thank you! With the exception of a blackworked chemise I received as a gift, I make all my own garb. The spiffy part derives from my combined Bristol Ren Faire & SCA persona--she is a pretentious (as in she pushes the sumptuary laws) but very nice middle class Elizabethan widow.

      Plus I'm a garb fiend. I thought more than once about joining the celtic living history guilde at Bristol (Thistlecroft, that is no longer around) because I love my irish heritage, can do a passable irish accent, love period crafts, and took irish step dancing lessons once upon a time, as well as irish gaelic, bagpipe & bodhran lessons at various points--but just couldn't do it because their clothes were so plain. LOL

      Margrett

      You said . . .

      Re: Boar's Head

      Posted by: "ursula.widow" mhartzcoutts@...   ursula.widow

      Tue Dec 9, 2008 6:15 am (PST)

      --- In AandS50ChallengeCom munity@yahoogrou ps.com, Margrett Norwoode
      <mistressmargrett@ ...> wrote:

      > I'll be at Boar's Head too--I'll be in a navy unboned linen bodice
      with cord trimming in loops, with an underskirt of undetermined color
      and a navy linen overskirt with diamond pattern trim. Oh, and I'm VERY
      short (less than five feet tall).

      Margrett forgot to mention that she is a VERY spiffy dresser and looks
      fabulous wherever she goes! Well, at least she has both times I've seen
      her.

      Margrett -- Bardic Madness was fun, wasn't it? Sorry we did not get to
      chat. I was a little frantic. But you looked great!
    • AlbredaA@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 10, 2008
        In a message dated 12/10/2008 7:34:44 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, mistressmargrett@... writes:
        but just couldn't do it because their clothes were so plain.
        LOL!  Thanks for the laugh - our son (4 months old now!) had me up *all* night, and I needed the chuckle!

        Albreda  (who WILL WILL WILL make progress on the KC process today, if she has to prop her eyelids up with toothpicks!)