Re: Anyone from Midrealm?

  • David Roland
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 1, 2008
      I got started in Eskalya, Oertha. What part are you in? (I grew up
      in various parts of Alaska too)

      Ian
    • Verena Entenwirt
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 1, 2008
        Yep, I am another one who started in the West and now live in the Midrealm (unfortunetly most of the events I will be attending the remainder of the year will be in the Midlands).

        Verena (who got pounded last night with snow in Ayreton)

        --
        Lady Verena Entenwirth

      • Sighni Ivarsdotter
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 1, 2008
          Right now, we're in Clear, which I commonly refer to as "Clear-in-the-Middle-of-Nowhere".  Clear is actually the Air Force Base, Anderson is the local town.  We're 25 miles from the nearest gas station in Nenana, and 80 miles from Fairbanks.  If you've traveled the Parks, we're near Rochester Lodge.

          We're a relatively new, almost incipient-Stronghold, and fall under Winter's Gate.

          Sighni

          To: AandS50ChallengeCommunity@yahoogroups.com
          From: verena@...
          Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 10:20:33 -0600
          Subject: Re: [AandS50ChallengeCommunity] Re: Anyone from Midrealm?

          On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 8:54 AM, David Roland <mystborne@yahoo. com> wrote:
          I got started in Eskalya, Oertha. What part are you in? (I grew up
          in various parts of Alaska too)

          Ian

          --
          Lady Verena Entenwirth

          Color coding for safety: Windows Live Hotmail alerts you to suspicious email. Sign up today.
        • Elizabeth Schort
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 2, 2008
            I'll be at the Lansing Twelfth Night, although I won't get there until
            2pm.

            Love,
            Lidia
          • Carrissa
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 4, 2008
              --- In AandS50ChallengeCommunity@yahoogroups.com, "Verena Entenwirt"
              <verena@...> wrote:

              > Yep, I am another one who started in the West and now live in the
              Midrealm
              > (unfortunetly most of the events I will be attending the remainder of
              > the year will be in the Midlands).

              Hey now, unfortunately? I've lived in the Midlands (in the constantly
              expanding Barony of Illiton - we now stretch from Kewanee and
              Princeton in the North, and soon all the way to Macomb in the South)
              the whole time I've been in the SCA (well, my whole life, but I
              haven't been involved but five or six years). It's not so bad!
              Ayreton area (which I believe is soon-to-be, if not already, a
              Barony?) has some great events during the year (including the upcoming
              Twelfth Night), and we've got the Olde English Faire in June (well,
              hopefully we still do, depending on what happens with the Jubilee
              College Historical Site and the governor deciding to close it, but I
              guess there have been talks of reopening it before the Faire - there's
              so much hope there, since the Faire has been going on for SEVERAL
              years - like before I was born). So there's at least two events that
              I know have been around for a long time. There are a few others, as
              well, but I've already babbled enough, I think.
            • Carrot Khan
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 4, 2008
                Soon to be Barony.  Our 12th night is the best.  We have our own Irish Pub with Guinness on tap.  This year I have some Cleftlander friends coming out just to experience and SCA event "Chicago Style".

                Jadwiga
              • Verena Entenwirt
                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 4, 2008
                  I only said unfortunately, as I would not be able to meet up with the Westie. Don't worry, I like the Midrealm :-)

                  I find that as I have traveled and lived in different groups, Baronys, Kingdoms, ext. That each one has it own unique personality and charm. One can't expect to "play the game" the exact same way in each group....But I am finding that this only makes me grow and learn more.

                  I also HAVE to agree with Jadwiga. Ayreton's 12th night ROCKED. Last year was a lot of fun, and this year we have quite a Calontiri's coming up for it. The site is amazing, and I love the downstairs pub.

                  -Verena
                  Once a Westie, A Midrealmer, A Drachenwalder, A Calontiri, and now a Midrealmer again :-)