jewellery link

  • Vicki Hyde
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 2008
      > Annejke:
      > First go to
      > http://annejkegallery.ning.com/group/scaans50challengeannejke/forum/top
      > i cs/1 -jewelry-research for my discussion on what I have done so far
      > for the Jewelry and Costume research.

      Can't seem to find anything there other than a placeholder graphic -- it
      appears there's a redirect on the site which changes the URL you've
      cited. Or do you need to sign up to see the info?

      I'm interested as I'm looking for info on earrings -- specifically what
      kind of catch, if any, was used with small hoop earrings for pierced ears
      in the mid-1500s. Anyone seen extant examples of that? The paintings
      don't get in behind the ear for some reason....

      (Mind you I did get diverted by the Renaissance recipe group you also had
      there -- shouldn't surf such sites when hungry! But I would be very
      interested in seeing info on where the recipes came from or were adapted
      from in terms of period source.)

      Cheers,
      katherine

      =====================================
      katherine kerr of the Hermitage, in the Crescent Isles,
      Baroness of Southron Gaard, Kingdom of Lochac
      mka Vicki Hyde, Webwright, wordsmith
      bardic arts, maps, children: http://webcentre.co.nz/kk
      Barony of Southron Gaard: http://sg.sca.org.nz
    • Martha Wallenhorst
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2008
        I'll fit that
        thanks, Annejke

        Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply.
        Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 1, 2008
          Site is fixed.  If anyone else has problems let me know.