Lanolin Citation

  • Dianna Haught
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 30, 2008
      The lanolin citation I used the other day is from De Materia Medica Book 2 by Dioscorides.  If you are looking in the online version I posted the URL on, it is page 212-213.

      I am so happy to be able to trace this down.  Now I can go to bed.
      Avacyn, the sometimes obsessive
      English doesn't just borrow words from other languages.  It follows them down dark alleys, hits them over the head with old beer bottles and rummages through their pockets for loose grammar.
    • AlbredaA@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2008
        In a message dated 10/1/2008 2:37:26 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, avacyn@... writes:
        The lanolin citation I used the other day is from De Materia Medica Book 2 by Dioscorides.  If you are looking in the online version I posted the URL on, it is page 212-213.

        I am so happy to be able to trace this down.  Now I can go to bed.
        Avacyn, the sometimes obsessive
        Thank you, Avacyn!  :)

        Sweet Dreams!
        AA

      • Ted Eisenstein
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 1, 2008
          >The lanolin citation I used the other day is from De Materia Medica Book 2 by Dioscorides. If you are
          >looking in the online version I posted the URL on, it is page 212-213.

          ....and if anyone wants to look at a 16th-century copy of it (period documetation! ooh! ooh! ooh!),
          I should, with a bit of effort, get at it; I have a copy downstairs somewhere.

          Alban
        • AlbredaA@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 1, 2008
            In a message dated 10/1/2008 9:30:55 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, alban@... writes:
            ....and if anyone wants to look at a 16th-century copy of it (period documetation! ooh! ooh! ooh!),
            I should, with a bit of effort, get at it; I have a copy downstairs somewhere.
            Yes please!  :)

            (::happy dance::)
            AA

          • Dianna Haught
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 1, 2008
              Oh, oh ME me me me! (widely waving hand in air)
              Avacyn