Re: No Pennsic Pity here! No Sir!

  • Elgiva Wilhelm
    Message 1 of 41 , Aug 1, 2008
      Alright, I know I've already missed the first week, but for the second
      week my "increased A&S time" goal is to finish the Van Der Wyden gown
      which I started two weeks ago, but have sadly left sitting on my dress
      form, untouched, since the second day of work. My other goals are: 1)
      to actually get some pictures up on the blog page I started, so people
      can see the works-in-progress. (I'd rather only post pictures of
      finished works on the A&S page to keep things manageable, but I will
      post links.) and 2) to post photos of finished items on the A&S page
      so there's some sort of documentation that I'm getting somewhere.
      In the meantime, I've been having a great time researching all kinds
      of stuff! I finished reading Christine de Pizan's "Book of the City
      of Ladies" & will post a review later this weekend. I'm now working
      on Gautier's "Chivalry", which I've owned for seventeen years & have
      only gotten around to reading now. Better late than never, though.
      I've also been practicing Gothic script daily, so I can eventually
      make the book of hours I've been dreaming of making for the past three
      years.
      Right now I'm building myself a foundation of skills that I can apply
      to my 50 projects (which, I am now gleefully referring to as the 50
      Insanities!)
      Oh, also, I stated before that I would be doing the breadth challenge,
      but because I love costuming so much, I'm adding a depth challenge as
      well. So it's really 100 Insanities. For now. ;)
    • Susan Farmer
      Message 41 of 41 , Aug 15, 2008
        Quoting Coblaith Mhuimhneach <Coblaith@...>:

        > I'd have mentioned all this earlier, by the way, but since I'm not
        > interested in the topic I haven't been reading the "No Pennsic Pity
        > here. . ." posts. "Embroidery frames", now, that's a subject line that
        > catches my attention.

        I wondered when this thread started. Wonder if I should go back and
        read the other posts ....

        Anything associated with Embroidery is near and dear to my heart!

        jerusha
        -----
        Susan Farmer
        sfarmer@...