No Pennsic Pity here! No Sir!

  • Albreda Aylese
    Message 1 of 41 , Jul 28, 2008
      So folks -

      We do a lot of TALKING about various A&S on here, and many of us
      actually DO get some actual hands-on time on our various projects
      over the course of a week, but, well, not *every* week.

      So - For those of us not going to Pennsic, (which is probably most of
      us, by choice, circumstance, or just plain distance), I hereby issue
      the following mini-Challenge: Between now and Sunday, August 10th,
      try to up your HANDS-ON time on the A&S project of your choice. If
      you rarely actually pull out the needle and thread, do it at least
      once each of the two weeks. If you bribe the universe for an hour,
      just twice a week, try and find a third. If you do some every single
      night after work, well, good for you, but still try and up it a bit
      for just these two weeks.

      Why? One of my favorite things about War is that I try to get to
      hands-on classes; this way I can do something hands-on and create my
      OWN learning experience in the process, even if I'm home, waiting to
      go into labor!

      Personally, I'm going to try and do some more flat-felling on my
      brown linen dress, up from about 10 minutes in the last two weeks.
      It is wearable now, but not done, by a long shot, and the house
      situation is almost resolved, so I will try for at least 30 minutes
      each week.

      What are you thinking of working on, and how much, up from how much??

      Albreda
    • Susan Farmer
      Message 41 of 41 , Aug 15 6:53 PM
        Quoting Coblaith Mhuimhneach <Coblaith@...>:

        > I'd have mentioned all this earlier, by the way, but since I'm not
        > interested in the topic I haven't been reading the "No Pennsic Pity
        > here. . ." posts. "Embroidery frames", now, that's a subject line that
        > catches my attention.

        I wondered when this thread started. Wonder if I should go back and
        read the other posts ....

        Anything associated with Embroidery is near and dear to my heart!

        jerusha
        -----
        Susan Farmer
        sfarmer@...