Greetings!

  • fang_the_koala
    Message 1 of 53 , Sep 6, 2007
      I first heard about A&S 50 a while ago on a mailing list, but just
      stumbled back across it again. I'm very excited to get started--
      which could be a bad thing, considering I'm "very excited to get
      started" with about fifteen other things, as well. Looks like I'll
      need to get rid of the unimportant things in my life, like work and
      sleep.

      I plan on doing both the depth challenge and the complete persona
      package. I'm working on getting into period toymaking, so I intend
      to give away fifty documentable toys and games for the depth. My
      persona isa 14th-century Irish girl, fostered most of her life in
      Kent, England. I have a fairly good background written out, but I'm
      still learning most of the details of living in that time and those
      places. Also, I hope trying my hand at so many different things,
      which is what I want to do right now (I want to do *everything*!),
      will help me find an area I can study in more detail other than my
      toys.

      So far, I have a list of about twenty of the things I plan to do
      related to my persona, ranging from more authentic garb to learning
      some appropriate dances to teaming up with an artist friend to make
      my own book of hours. Some I can do right away--like starting a
      little kitchen garden with medieval herbs and putting together a
      booklet about their uses in period--and some will probably take a
      good bit of the eight years ahead--like building a pavilion. I
      think it's going to be a lot of fun.

      Can't wait to see what everyone else is working on!

      With much hope,
      Ascelyn Mallory
    • Bethany Comegys
      Message 53 of 53 , Apr 11, 2013
        That's wonderful! It's great that your last scroll of the challenge could go to someone you were working with.
        -Branwyn