Re: [AandS50ChallengeCommunity] re: linen sewing thread, Sweden, and news!

  • Malin Berglund
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 23, 2008
      Everyone here that hand sew re-enactment/SCA garb use either linen bobbin lace thread that they wax with beewax or silk sewing thread that is sometimes also waxed. :)
      I'm glad to hear it's an idea you find useful.

      Nest verch Tangwistel, was recently inducted into the Order of the Silver Crescent
      Congratulations! :)

      I am constantly coming across articles on Viking history/textiles that I cannot translate, and now I know how to find you.  ;)
      Hehehe... You are welcome to send me texts/urls and I can see if I can translate stuff. It will most likely take a while since school and life comes first. I do understand a bit norwegian too although there are words I don't understand. Same with danish but a lot more words that don't make sense.

      Seriously, have you considered what you might take in barter for translation services?
      Actually, no. :)

       I can officially announce that I am pregnant again (I have 21 month old twin girls), and am due at the end of July.
      Congratulations to you too! Do you know if it's twins again? :D

      Take care everyone,
      Malin

    • AlbredaA@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 23, 2008
        I have a Norwegian-English archeological dictionary that I picked up in Norway years ago, but nothing on Swedish sources.  Life *obviously* comes first, Malin, but thank you for being open to doing some light translation work (barter encouraged!)

        And I KNOW that I am only have ONE this time.  Twins are great, but a LOT of work.  I'd be excited to have two more people entering my life, obviously, but OY.  One will do VERY nicely, thank you!

        Enjoy!