file space etc (was introduction)

  • AlbredaA@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , May 29, 2008
      We DO have limited file space on yahoo, but I'd rather we each took a little space for our lists and some pictures, and if we get to where we need to remove some stuff for space considerations, we can look at where else we can host it at that time.

      No point not using the space now though, eh?  If each person has a small photo album, or a list of what their Challenge goals are, I don't think we'll be breaking the bank for a while yet.

    • Brenda G.
      Message 2 of 7 , May 29, 2008
        >>No point not using the space now though, eh?  If each person has a small photo album, or a list of what their Challenge goals are, I don't think we'll be breaking the bank for a while yet.

        You got it!

        Or...you will, when I do it.  The uploading thing, I mean.

        Sigh.  I think my caffeine levels are dropping...

        So next question, I just signed up officially in the database.  But I can't seem to find anywhere the list of what the 1-5 scale means in terms of "What I do".  What do the numbers mean?

        And final question (for now), do I get a prize for being the 100th person to officially sign up? :)

        Brígiða Vadesbana (Brighid Anraith)
        http://ooo-shiiiny.livejournal.com/

        Brenda G
        http://thepassingstranger-brenda.blogspot.com/

        We don’t stop with asking what a tool does. We ask about what kind of people we become when we use it. ~Anon. Amish machine-shop owner

      • Brenda G.
        Message 3 of 7 , May 29, 2008
          Anyone here from Avacal?

          I noticed the deadline for the Principality newsletter was in a few days and was thinking of passing along the newsletter friendly version of the Challenge write-up, and I don't really want to be the only local contact on it.

          Is there a newsletter friendly version available yet?

          Brígiða Vadesbana (Brighid Anraith)
          http://ooo-shiiiny.livejournal.com/

          Brenda G
          http://thepassingstranger-brenda.blogspot.com/

          We don’t stop with asking what a tool does. We ask about what kind of people we become when we use it. ~Anon. Amish machine-shop owner

        • Sarah Michele Ford
          Message 4 of 7 , May 30, 2008
            On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 10:14 PM, <AlbredaA@...> wrote:

            No point not using the space now though, eh?  If each person has a small photo album, or a list of what their Challenge goals are, I don't think we'll be breaking the bank for a while yet.

            Well, I went ahead and made a quick-and-dirty spreadsheet and exported it to PDF so it's sitting there in the files with NO PICTURES AT ALL because there are just links to my webpages.

            Best of both worlds, eh?

            Alianor de R.

            --
            *****************************
            saramichelef@...
            Message 5 of 7 , May 30, 2008
              I have no idea where Avacal is, but the newsletter-friendly version of
              the brochure should be done over the weekend.

              Hugh
              EK Coordinator

              On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 11:18 PM, Brenda G.
              <thepassingstranger@...> wrote:
              > Anyone here from Avacal?
              >
              > I noticed the deadline for the Principality newsletter was in a few days and
              > was thinking of passing along the newsletter friendly version of the
              > Challenge write-up, and I don't really want to be the only local contact on
              > it.
              >
              > Is there a newsletter friendly version available yet?

              --
              I don't approve of political jokes. I've seen too many of them get elected.

              livejournal: hugh_mannity (http://hugh-mannity.livejournal.com/)
            • AlbredaA@aol.com
              Message 6 of 7 , May 30, 2008
                In a message dated 5/29/2008 11:08:29 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, thepassingstranger@... writes:
                So next question, I just signed up officially in the database.  But I can't seem to find anywhere the list of what the 1-5 scale means in terms of "What I do".  What do the numbers mean?

                For your teaching experience, and comfort teaching, rate yourself 0-5, 0 being not over your dead body, 5 being throw me at 'em!

                For your A&S activities: 1 = you know a little bit about it, but not much
                                                    2 = you have tried it
                                                    3 = you have tried it enough to bring your stuff to a roundtable and contribute
                                                    4 = you have done enough/know enough to teach a beginners class
                                                    5 = you have done/know enough to teach an advanced class on it
                                                    * = you actually DO teach a class/run a roundtable on it

                I THINK there is a file on the site about the Number Level System, if you forget, and lose this post.

                And final question (for now), do I get a prize for being the 100th person to officially sign up? :)
                Wahoo!  That's pretty exciting!  Thanks for letting us know!  :)

              • Brenda G.
                Message 7 of 7 , May 30, 2008
                  >>I have no idea where Avacal is, but the newsletter-friendly version of
                  the brochure should be done over the weekend.

                  Alberta and Saskatchewan, in Canada, primarily (we have a wee bit of northeastern British Columbia too, but might be missing a few small parts of Saskatchewan to Northshield, I'm not sure, and too lazy to look it up right now.)  :)

                  And Thank you!