      To: aands50challengecommunity@yahoogroups.com
      From: baroness_cat@...
      Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 16:50:59 -0500
      Subject: RE: [AandS50ChallengeCommunity] just realized ...

      You guys are both awesome.  Looking forward to seeing these displayed at SCA 50 Year if at all possible!

      Regards,
      Cathryn of Chester
      SCA 50 Year A&S 50 Challenge Coordinator

      To: AandS50ChallengeCommunity@yahoogroups.com
      From: avacyn@...
      Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 13:07:52 -0800

      My goal was to learn to spin. Spin at least 500 yards and make 50
      projects either woven or nalbound out of wool (not all of them had to be
      wool I'd spun). I hit all of those goals in the first years I started
      working on the challenge. So I added dyeing and then a sheep to shawl
      project. For me the challenge keeps going, and going, and going...
      Avacyn

      > It hit me that I have done another A&S 50 (and a few more).
      > Since doing my last two, I've made eight kites gifted to royalty, a dozen used by my queen at Pennsic in the procession; at least 40 for my teachers as thank yous and my baronet to use as largess; and an odd dozen given to the kingdom A&S to give away in showcasing our kingdom's artisans, and a handful I made in teaching classes at event, Gulf War and in A&S things at our home. Oh, and one given to our herald's daughter.
      >
      > Still having fun,
      >
      > Archer
      >
      > THL Archer McRobert CSL OSR SLE CT
      > Barony of Small Gray Bear A&S officer
      > apprentice of Her Excellency Mistress Gwyneth Carr
      > Kingdom of Gleann Abhann

      > Yahoo Groups Links

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic