9942Re: [AandS50ChallengeCommunity] Digest Number 1496

  • J C Ronsen
    Nov 15, 2013
      On Thu, 14 Nov 2013 18:50:12 -0800 (PST), Heregyth Ketilsdottir wrote:
      > re: Tudor feast kitchen video
      >
      > Wow, I've only watched 15 minutes so far and am already convinced:
      > using period kitchens/methods, even the everyday simple foods would
      > be difficult to deliver on time with the staff of five in the
      > kitchen where I work. Labor-saving devices really work!
      > Heregy├░ Ketilsd├│ttir

      I found the part about how long it took them to pound a couple of pounds of almonds into powder, to make marzipan, incredible. I used a cusinart the last time I made almond milk and that took a while to grind the almonds down to powder. Even after watching this program, I can't believe that it was done by hand and no one took revenge for being forced to pound and grind almonds all day long.

      ska: Baron Caleb Reynolds
      mka: Caleb Ronsen
      aka: Bubba th' Barbarian
      Baron of the Court of AEthelmearc
      Because you can't spell "Lordly Absence" without Caleb Reynolds.

      Things that never happen in Star Trek:

      An enigmatic being composed of pure energy attempts to interface to the Enterprise's computer, only to find out that it has forgotten to bring the right leads.
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic