      From: AandS50ChallengeCommunity@yahoogroups.com
      [mailto:AandS50ChallengeCommunity@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of J C Ronsen
      Sent: Sunday, August 11, 2013 4:17 PM
      To: AandS50ChallengeCommunity@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [AandS50ChallengeCommunity] Almost there

      I just completed my 140th piece of illumination since I started the A&S50
      challenge in March of 2011. I have not only learned how to do proper
      illumination, but I started doing calligraphy and have done 21 pieces so
      far. It was suggested to me, in 2011, that I could take on the Challenge and
      do something that I was already good at: such as 50 batches of mead. Or 50
      articles or research papers. But I chose to try something that I wasn't good
      at: illumination. I started by doing random scroll blanks and handing them
      off to my Baronial signet, then to Kingdom. Then to royal gift baskets.
      Along the way, I picked up good pigment and paper and took many classes on
      how to be better. I have now reached the point where when one of my scrolls
      is held up in court, it gets an "ooooh" or an "aaaaah". I am continually
      working towards making scrolls good enough that they will get a
      "dammmnnnnnnn" in court.

      ska: Baron Caleb Reynolds
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic