9626Re: [AandS50ChallengeCommunity] Tanning cow hide

  • Luke Knowlton
    Jan 31, 2013

      You might want to put them in contact with Steven Siegel. He is the
      proprietor of Siegel Leathers (formerly Siegel of California). He is
      semi-retired and living in NC but is still offering fine book binding
      leathers and specialty leathers and generally has his hand in the business.
      He would at least be a place to start. His emails are:

      Also for anyone on this list interested in veg tanned goatskin suitable for
      making folded stitched belts and bags from the Roman period, Siegel has a
      natural goatskin for $3.50sq ft for 2nd quality and $5 sq ft for first. It
      is excellent and supple and takes dye very well. I am working on a Roman
      military belt right now from this leather and will post pictures when it is