10058katherine kerr AS50 Website update

  • katherine kerr
    Jun 12, 2014
      Hello everyone,

      Just spent a week updating my website with a batch of stuff I've done in the past six months.

      A lot of work on printing various items of one form or another, and starting a major project,
      has got me over the 50 mark in terms of period printed materials, though I've still got a batch
      more I want to do. Thanks Albreda -- it's made me learn a lot and get a much better eye for
      period printing practices (and I now have hundreds of photos, and lots of ideas, from visiting
      the Plantin-Moretus Printing Museum in Antwerp).

      The main printing focus one was one producing a 200-page Book of Physic for Lady
      Elizabeth Braythwayte. The general approach developed for this has formed part of the
      thining underpinning the soon-to-be launched Bespoke Book Project, which plans to give
      people the chance to have customised books bound with their chosen selections of period
      material.

      We had a grand time at Canterbury Faire back in January, and I've finally written up all the
      crazy things we did to honour Master Edward Braythwayte in the Foxy (A)Faire. And also
      shown off the fabulous work he's done so far on a set of baronial coronets for us.

      So if you want to see what I've been up to, take a look at the website (the latest material is
      linked from the home page; the handy site search engine is on the left):

      http://webcentre.co.nz/kk/index.htm

      If you want to see how it relates to the various AS50 Challenges I've set myself, then that
      section is here:

      http://webcentre.co.nz/kk/as50.htm

      Cheers,
      katherine kerr

      katherine kerr of the Hermitage, in the Crescent Isles,
      Barony of Southron Gaard, Kingdom of Lochac
      http://webcentre.co.nz/kk