      To: odette@...; AandS50ChallengeCommunity@yahoogroups.com
      From: AandS50ChallengeCommunity@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 09:23:28 -0400
      Subject: [AandS50ChallengeCommunity] Re: A&S 50 challenge

      I got a thought-provoking letter today, and thought my answer might be worth sharing with you all. I hope Odette doesn't mind!

      Bonjour, Odette!

      My thinking behind making the deadline be May 1st, 2015, is that then folks have a while year to figure out how they want to present their work. I will (hopefully) have fifty pieces of garb to iron, do photoshoots of, and document how each upped my game. I also have a lot of class handouts that I want to get up online somewhere so those who can't make it to my classes can still have the info. These are the pieces that allow us to celebrate and continue to share our work for the enjoyment and education of others.

      Does that mean you can't keep working until May 1st, 2016? Nope. This was my idea, and I set the guidelines, but this is your Challenge: YOU decide what counts, and that means, as far as I'm concerned, that you YOU decide when you are done. Do I think you shouldbe really, really done by May 1st, 2016? Yes. The Challenge is meant to mark this specific time in our Society, and there are new Challenges to be had!

      Does that mean I will put down my sewing needle as May 1st, 2015 arrives, with all my fifty pieces ready to go? Ha. Yeah, right. ;)

      Enjoy!
      Albreda

      On May 21, 2014, at 12:19 PM, Odette dAmboise <odette@...> wrote:

      So, not to weasel an additional year to finish my challenge, but to have the challenge coincide with the 50 Celebration (http://www.sca50year.org/) I have the following question.

      May 1st AS 50/2015 is the year 50 of the Society, but the 50th birthday will be May 1st AS 51/2016.  (back to the whole there is no year zero her the new millennium was actually 2001 and not 2000).

      So will the challenge still wrap in 2015 or are you thinking of extending the challenge to 2016?

      Merci,
      Odette

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic