10052Re: [AandS50ChallengeCommunity] Digest Number 1543

  • katherine kerr
    May 14, 2014
      > >Albatross is a post-period reference, you can't possibly use that
      > :-)
      >
      > *snerk* Now I have coffee in the sinuses. Well played. ;)

      Always happy to help a struggling artist :-)

      > >The Great History Tapestry, the Known World Tapestry, News of the
      > Worlde (I quite like the latter but you'd have to add some UFO
      > sightings and other anachronisms :-).

      Synchronicity struck, so take a look at this for another example of an anachronistic take on a
      classic subject:
      http://www.visualnews.com/2014/05/12/calamity-plates-a-new-take-on-classic-porcelain-dish
      es/

      I was just researching about painting up some maiolica plates too...

      > There have been half formed plans to make blank years (or year 50, due
      > to calendar dating nit-picking) be a "blooper reel" of sorts - carpet
      > armor fighters in their combat boots, sunglass wearing Diet-coke
      > drinking ladies with Reeboks peeking out from under farthingales,
      > "dragons" pulling trailers. A UFO would barely be noticed!

      Ooo, now that would be seriously tempting. It would also make a great poster/T-shirt
      design....

      I have an ancient copy of Andre Norton's Crystal Gryphon which had, for cover artwork, a
      redraw of a Bayeaux tapestry panel where tanks and a rifle regiment face off against a batch
      of soldiers in suitably medieval style.

      > Sweet Mary of God, I need a new project.

      Well there's always researching what you'd like to see in Lochac. Step 1.5 now underway (ie
      the Barony agreed last night to act as admin sponsor and provisionally host the Crescent
      Isles event); so on to the serious funding application!

      Cheers,
      kk
      katherine kerr of the Hermitage, in the Crescent Isles,
      Barony of Southron Gaard, Kingdom of Lochac
      http://webcentre.co.nz/kk
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic