Re: [AZ_RVList] Snow in Arizona

  • sheldon barrett
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 9, 2006
      Hi Tom... Up here we got close to 2 ft of snow! near St. John's (I'm 15 miles southwest of SJN where I keep my 6A)... Can't get to the airport to go flying... Sun just starting to peek out some...
      We needed it for sure...
      Sheldon
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 12, 2006
        Hi Sheldon,
        Two Feet! Wow. Time for some x-country skiing! We weren't able to
        make it to Payson, but we flew over the the Superstitions and north
        along Four Peaks and then back to Deer Valley and took some pictures
        of the snow covered mountains. You can view them at:

        www.eaa538.org/trips/azsnow/azsnow.htm

        Regards,
        Tom and Katie Velvick

        --- In AZ_RVList@yahoogroups.com, "sheldon barrett" <sheldonb@...> wrote:

        > Hi Tom... Up here we got close to 2 ft of snow! near St. John's
        (I'm 15 miles southwest of SJN where I keep my 6A)... Can't get to the
        airport to go flying... Sun just starting to peek out some...
        > We needed it for sure...
        > Sheldon

        Service.

      • dan b
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 12, 2006
          Cool pictures Tom! Wendy and I were chomping at the bit to get pictures just like you took. Thanks for sharing them,
          Dan & Wendy
          Mesa
          www.azshowersolutions.com/Kitfox1.html

          Thomas Velvick <tomvelvick@...> wrote:
          Hi Sheldon,
          Two Feet! Wow. Time for some x-country skiing! We weren't able to
          make it to Payson, but we flew over the the Superstitions and north
          along Four Peaks and then back to Deer Valley and took some pictures
          of the snow covered mountains. You can view them at:

          www.eaa538.org/trips/azsnow/azsnow.htm

          Regards,
          Tom and Katie Velvick

          --- In AZ_RVList@yahoogroups.com, "sheldon barrett" <sheldonb@...> wrote:

          > Hi Tom... Up here we got close to 2 ft of snow! near St. John's
          (I'm 15 miles southwest of SJN where I keep my 6A)... Can't get to the
          airport to go flying... Sun just starting to peek out some...
          > We needed it for sure...
          > Sheldon

          Service.

          Aviation maintenance Aviation maintenance training Aviation maintenance schools Aviation school Aviation training Aviation maintenance schools

        • planerv6
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 12, 2006
            We got about 1" of snow in New River Saturday morning, the new river
            mountains still have snow.
            I wanted to go up this afternoon and look but I-17 was backed up for
            miles and barely moving.

            Gary Gunn

          • Thomas Velvick
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 13, 2006