Pets Need Your Help- Call Your U.S. Senators Today

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 14, 2007
      A message from The HSUS:

      Pets Need Your Help! Call Your U.S. Senators Today!

      We've reached a critical juncture! The U.S. House of Representatives
      has included language in its Farm Bill that would prohibit the use in
      research of dogs and cats obtained from "random source" Class B
      dealers, who may steal pets or fraudulently obtain them through "free
      to good home" ads. Now, we need the Senate to act. Please help protect
      pets by taking action today!

      The Senate is expected to vote on its version of the Farm Bill any day
      now. It is crucial that we ensure that this vital protection is
      included in the Senate's Farm Bill as well.

      TAKE ACTION
      Please make brief, polite phone calls right away to your two U.S.
      Senators -- Jon Kyl at (202) 224-4521 and John McCain at (202)
      224-2235 -- and urge them to support Sen. Akaka's amendment to the
      Farm Bill to protect pets.

      Making a call is easy. A staff member will take your message and pass
      it to your legislator. You can say:

      "Hello, this is [your name]. I am a constituent from [your town, your
      state]. I'm calling to urge Senator [last name] to support the Akaka
      amendment to the Farm Bill that would protect pets from being stolen
      and ending up in research. This issue is important to me. Thank you
      for your consideration."

      Then, send a follow-up email to reiterate your support for the
      inclusion of this important safeguard for dogs and cats in the Senate
      Farm bill.

      Finally, please be sure to tell your friends and family about this
      amendment and how they can help, too.

      Right now is the time to act to prevent dogs and cats from suffering
      this horrible fate, so please don't delay. Take action immediately.

      Thank you for all you do for animals!