Coming soon: This year's Farm Sanctuary events!

  • Kari Nienstedt
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2007
      Please cross-post!!

      It's time to get in gear for the annual Farm Sanctuary's Walk for
      Farm Animals and the Pre-Walk Fundraiser Party! It's coming up
      SOON, so start collecting pledges now!

      There are some very exciting changes to the events this year.
      • There will be a new coordinator: Kelly Cooney. Kelly has worked
      hard on behalf of animals for years and is enthusiastic about the
      opportunity to head up these events.
      • The events will be held earlier this year – they will both be in
      September.
      • There are some fantastic additions that will make raising money
      even easier! Check out the links below for more information. (If
      the links don't work, just copy them and paste them into your
      browser)
      • There will be a beautiful new location for the Pre-Walk
      Fundraiser party!

      Don't miss out – this year promises to be the best ever!

      Farm Sanctuary Silent Auction and Dinner Party
      Save the date! September 14th, 2007 will be an amazing evening of
      fun, food, and fundraising!
      We will be sending more details as we get closer to the event, but
      we can't wait to share the new location. This year's party will be
      held in the beautiful Heritage Square in downtown Phoenix! If you
      would like to help out, we are looking for Silent Auction items and
      volunteers for the night. Contact Kelly if you can help with either
      of these!

      Farm Sanctuary's Walk for Farm Animals
      Saturday, September 22, 2007
      Registration - 8 a.m., Walk - 9 a.m.

      Location: Margaret T Hance Park, 1134 N. Central Ave.
      (Central Avenue and Culver Street - East Ramada)

      The Walk will be an easy 5K walk through the park. A $10
      registration fee entitles each participant to a Walk for Farm
      Animals T-shirt. T-shirts will be given out the day of the Walk.
      The 2007 shirt is being designed by artist Berkeley Breathed.

      Contact: Kelly Cooney, phoenix@...
      602-705-6877
      PO Box 13831
      Tempe, AZ 85284

      Register online and create a personal fundraising page to email to
      all your friends and family:
      http://www.firstgiving.com/farmsanctuary

      Use our downloadable pledge forms to approach friends and family
      without email addresses.
      If you would prefer to register by mail, please print out the
      registration form and mail it in to your local coordinator listed
      above. Click here for a printable form:
      http://www.walkforfarmanimals.org/locations/web_format.pdf

      Click here to download a printable flyer to help promote this Walk
      for Farm Animals in your local area:
      http://www.walkforfarmanimals.org/2007_PDF/phoenix.pdf

      For more details about the Walk, visit
      http://www.walkforfarmanimals.org See you in September!

      Farm Sanctuary is a national, non-profit animal protection
      organization. Each year we rescue, rehabilitate and provide lifelong
      care for hundreds of animals rescued from factory farms, stockyards
      and slaughterhouses. In addition to operating the shelters, we work
      to gain legal protection for animals used in food production and to
      raise public awareness about factory farm cruelty and cruelty-free
      alternatives. The Walk for Farm Animals helps fund Farm Sanctuary's
      rescue and protection campaigns. For more information, visit
      http://www.farmsanctuary.org