Lobby Day at AZ Capitol March 20th

  • Kari Nienstedt
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 13, 2007
      The Sierra Club is hosting a Lobby Day at the Arizona Capitol.
      Although the main focus of this day is the environment, it is a
      great opportunity for animal activists to get involved and learn
      more about the legislative process. Take this opportunity to get
      more active for both the environment and the animals!

      Environmental Day at the Arizona Legislature

      Tuesday, March 20, 2007
      9:00 a.m. to Noon
      on the House Lawn at the Arizona Capitol
      1700 W. Washington, Phoenix

      Now, more than ever, Arizona's environment needs your voice. We need
      more people speaking up for clean air, clean water, renewable energy
      resources and protection of important wildlife habitat.

      If you are interested in learning more about the Arizona
      Legislature, meeting legislators, and advocating for environmental
      protection, please join us for this fun and informative morning. If
      you represent an organization, we also would like to invite you to
      have a table at the event to display your organization's materials.
      Please plan to be set up by 8:30 a.m. and to display through the
      lunch hour if possible.

      The program will begin at 9:00 a.m. and run until around Noon and
      will focus on Arizona's Growth. Please let us know if your group
      plans to have a table and whether or not you need anything (like a
      table or chairs). Also, please consider making appointments with
      your legislators that day. It is a great opportunity for them to
      hear from you. If the timing works, we will try to have our group
      introduced from the Floor of the House or Senate. Light snacks and
      drinks will be provided.

      Even if you can come for only one or two hours, we hope you will
      participate. It does, you do, make a difference. To RSVP, contact
      Sandy Bahr at (602) 253-8633 or sandy.bahr@...