Special Invitation to Screening of "Behind Closed Doors"

  • Kari Nienstedt
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 10 11:54 PM
      Attend a very special screening of the new film: BEYOND CLOSED DOORS I hope you will be able to join us for the premiere of "Beyond Closed Doors," exploring the current scientific, ethical and political forces shaping farm animal welfare in our country. Special guests will be in attendance, including Sheriff Joe Arpaio!

      6:45 PM on Saturday, October 14th
      Arizona Science Center in Phoenix
      LIMITED ADMISSION.

      Tickets are free but must be reserved in advance. Contact Hugh Dorigo for tickets: info@... or 480-620-5322

      Unlike many documentaries on animal treatment, BEYOND CLOSED DOORS (BCD) is not horrifying to watch. Instead, Sandgrain Films has taken a comprehensive look at the correlation between science, ethics, and the politics of farm animal treatment. Two years in the making, BCD is a powerful, informative, and thought-provoking film that relies on contrast and comparison of agricultural practices around the world, to make a case for the ethical and humane treatment of farm animals.

      Interviews with scientists, veterinarians, farmers, professionals, welfare groups and consumers, illuminate important issues rarely covered in the mainstream media. To see a list of the professionals featured in the film, visit http://sandgrainfilms.com

      Using Arizona's current debate over Proposition 204 as an example of the dividing forces at work, the documentary paints a vivid picture of the conflict between the PR machines that feed the fears of all involved.

      Even though the subject is grave, the one hour documentary leaves viewers with a renewed sense of hope and the feeling that much positive change can and will be accomplished for our society by citizens concerned about the future. The film ends with a reminder that animal welfare is not a partisan issue but truly a moral and ethical challenge, which deserves our attention as a nation.

      Remember: Tickets are free but must be reserved in advance. Contact Hugh Dorigo for tickets: info@... or 480-620-5322