Special invitation to screening of "Beyond Closed Doors"

  • Kari Nienstedt
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 17, 2006
      LIMITED ADMISSION. Tickets are free but must be reserved in
      advance. Contact Hugh Dorigo for tickets: info@...
      or 480-620-5322

      Attend a very special screening of the new film: BEYOND CLOSED DOORS
      I hope you will be able to join us for the premiere of "Beyond
      Closed Doors," exploring the current scientific, ethical and
      political forces shaping farm animal welfare in our country.

      6:45 PM.
      October 14th
      Arizona Science Center
      Phoenix, AZ

      Unlike many documentaries on animal treatment, BEYOND CLOSED DOORS
      (BCD) is not horrifying to watch. Instead, Sandgrain Films has
      taken a comprehensive look at the correlation between science,
      ethics, and the politics of farm animal treatment. Two years in the
      making, BCD is a powerful, informative, and thought-provoking film
      that relies on contrast and comparison of agricultural practices
      around the world, to make a case for the ethical and humane
      treatment of farm animals.

      Interviews with scientists, veterinarians, farmers, professionals,
      welfare groups and consumers, illuminate important issues rarely
      covered in the mainstream media. To see a list of the professionals
      featured in the film, visit http://sandgrainfilms.com

      Using Arizona's current debate over Proposition 204 as an example of
      the dividing forces at work, the documentary paints a vivid picture
      of the conflict between the PR machines that feed the fears of all
      involved.

      Even though the subject is grave, the one hour documentary leaves
      viewers with a renewed sense of hope and the feeling that much
      positive change can and will be accomplished for our society by
      citizens concerned about the future. The film ends with a reminder
      that animal welfare is not a partisan issue but truly a moral and
      ethical challenge, which deserves our attention as a nation.