Annual Farm Sanctuary Events

  • Kari Nienstedt
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5, 2006
      Greetings, fellow AZVegan.com-ers! As you all know, activists
      around the state have been working diligently to put a measure on
      the ballot that would improve the lives of farm animals in our
      state. With the help of over 1,200 amazing volunteers, we collected
      enough signatures to place this measure on November's ballot!

      This fall, we are going to VOTE YES ON PROP 204 to help Arizona's
      farm animals!!

      As most of you know, every year, we host the Farm Sanctuary Silent
      Auction and Dinner, and the Walk for Farm Animals. These events
      have been a huge success and will continue in years to come.
      However, this year we have decided to devote ALL of our resources to
      ensuring that the Humane Treatment of Farm Animals Act succeeds.

      Although this will be a financial setback for Farm Sanctuary, IT IS
      THAT IMPORTANT!! The opposition to Prop 204 has already begun. We
      are going to need a HUGE amount of money to combat their aggressive
      media campaign.

      So, we will still be pounding the pavement for farm animals, and
      there will still be a Silent Auction and Gala Dinner Party, but
      these events will directly benefit Arizonans for Humane Farms and
      not Farm Sanctuary. Stay tuned for all the details about these very
      important upcoming events!