Signature Gathering a Huge Success!

  • Kari Nienstedt
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 9, 2006
      Great news rom the Humane Farms website!
      www.yesforhumanefarms.org

      We did it! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

      With the help of all of our amazing volunteers, we blew right passed
      our goal of 200,000 signatures! We can't thank you enough for all
      of your hard work. Together, we are going to outlaw the cruel and
      intensive confinement of pregnant pigs and veal calves on
      industrialized factory farms!

      Total signatures turned in to the Secretary of State's office:
      218,273! These signatures represent thousands of hours of hard work
      and an overwhelming amount of compassion for suffering animals.

      "We are thrilled with the success of the campaign so far and extend
      our thanks and appreciation to everyone who has supported this
      effort," said Cheryl Naumann, chairwoman of Arizonans for Humane
      Farms and president and CEO of the Arizona Humane Society. "Special
      thanks go out to the 1,175 men and women across Arizona who have
      volunteered on behalf of this measure, and to the more than 218,000
      Arizonans who signed the petitions and all but cleared the way for
      this initiative to be placed on the November ballot. Obviously, the
      people of Arizona want to see animals, even those raised for food,
      treated humanely. This measure simply ensures that animals, such as
      pigs and calves that are raised for food, have enough room to turn
      around, lie down and extend their limbs in their pens. We cannot
      fathom why anyone would want to deny this common sense and simple
      comfort to these helpless animals."

      What's Next?

      It will take approximately 30 days before we hear back from the
      Secretary of State's office on whether or not we qualify for
      November's ballot. We will, of course, pass along the good news as
      soon as we hear it!

      After we find out for sure that we are on the ballot, we will start
      the second part of the campaign. This is the fun part! We will need
      our wonderful volunteers to help with the following projects:

      Fundraising - to pay for advertising

      Voter registration - to make sure that those who support our
      initiative actually VOTE in November.

      Public education - to spread the word about the initiative.

      Outreach - through bumper stickers, lawn signs, door hangers, etc.

      But for now, kick back and relax! Know that YOU have helped to make
      a difference for suffering animals! We couldn't have done it without
      each and every one of you. Thank you!